Taiwanese manufacturer Acer made an ambitious entry into the tablet field this year, introducing not one -- but four -- different tablet product lines that give buyers a choice between two different operating systems and two very different user experiences. See what you know about the Acer Iconia.
The Acer Iconia tablet is powered by what operating system?
- Windows 7 or Android 3.0
If you choose the Android version of the Iconia tablet, how many different applications will you have to choose from?
- about 150
- about 4,000
- more than 65,000
How many Iconia tablets did Acer ship in 2011?
- approximately 2.5 million
- around 500,000
- nearly 28 million
What is Android Honeycomb?
- a game designed for tablets that's popular with beekeepers
- a nickname used to describe the inner workings of an Android tablet PC
- an operating system developed by Google specifically for tablet PCs
How does the screen resolution of an Acer Iconia tablet compare with the screen resolution of an iPad?
- The iPad has a higher resolution.
- The Iconia tablet has a higher resolution.
- The Acer Iconia tablet and the Apple iPad have the same screen resolution.
What feature of the Acer Iconia-6120 sets it apart from other tablet computers?
- It has a full slide-out keyboard.
- It has a battery life of 12 days.
- It has dual 14-inch touch screens.
How much does an Acer Iconia tablet cost?
- between $330 and $1,200, depending on the model
- between $100 and $450, depending on the model
- between $150 and $400, depending on the model
When was the Acer Iconia W500 tablet first available to the public?
- April 2011
- May 2005
- June 2010
How much does the 10-inch Acer Iconia A500 weigh?
- .4 pounds
- 1.69 pounds
- 3.5 pounds
Which group of buyers was most excited about the ultra-sensitive gyro meter built into the Acer Iconia tablet?
- gaming enthusiasts
- fitness instructors
True or False: One drawback of the Acer Iconia tablet line is that there's no way to access "offline" content or data.
In terms of its size, features and capabilities, the Acer Iconia Tab A500 is most comparable to which of these tablet devices?
- the Apple iPad 2.0
- the Motorola Xoom
- the BlackBerry PlayBook
Reviewers have given the Acer Iconia Tab A500 generally good reviews, but many have wished for improvements to what aspect of the device?
- the Android operating system
- the Acer's memory capacity
- the Acer's staggeringly high price
How many different versions of the Acer Iconia tablet are available as of August 2011?
- at least 6, at last count
- a staggering 23
How many different colors does the Acer Iconia tablet come in?
What does the letter "w" signify in the model number string for the Acer Iconia Tab A series?
- models containing the "w" have Wi-Fi capability
- models containing the "w" have a longer battery life
- models containing the "w" are available only at Walmart
What well-known computer brand did Iconia manufacturer Acer acquire in 2007?
Which of these accessories is NOT available for your Acer Iconia tablet?
- a wireless laptop
- a docking station with remote control media access
- a converter that lets you switch between Android and Windows 7 on the fly
What is the expected battery life (as estimated for movie watching) for the Acer Iconia?
- about 2 hours for the A100, 4 hours for the A500
- about 4.5 hours for the A100, 9 hours for the A500
- about 9 hours for the A100, 12 hours for the A500
What is the Iconia Tab A501?
- a larger version of the A500 with a 15-inch screen
- a 4G-enabled version of the A500 for the AT&T network
- an A500 modified to fit securely in the back pocket of classic Levi's 501 jeans