Head in the Clouds: The Apple iCloud Quiz
Apple's iCloud service offers online storage, accessible from any Apple device connected to the Internet. How much do you know about the successor to MobileMe?
When did Apple first announce iCloud?
- September 2010
- June 2011
- September 2011
What online storage predecessor did Apple discontinue when releasing iCloud?
What's the minimum version of Apple iOS required to make use of iCloud's features?
- iOS 5
- iOS 4
- iCloud doesn't require a specific version of iOS.
True or False: App developers for Apple iOS can design their apps to access and use your iCloud storage.
How much iCloud storage space do you get for free?
- 2 GB
- 5 GB
- 5 GB plus unlimited space for iTunes purchases
What kind of account do you need to use iCloud?
- An Apple ID
- An iCloud user account
- An Apple developer account
True or False: You can authorize up to five devices to use your iCloud storage.
What additional subscription-based service pairs iTunes tracks with CDs you've imported into iTunes so you can access that music from anywhere, just like iTunes purchases?
- iTunes Match
- iCloud Match
Which of these is NOT part of the iCloud backup for an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?
- The basic Apple iOS operating system
- Personal device settings and your app arrangement on the screen
How often does an Apple iOS device synchronize data with your iCloud storage?
- Only when you tell it to do so
What company filed a lawsuit against Apple in June 2011 for trademark infringement?
- iCloud Services
- iCloud Communications
Apple purchased the icloud.com domain from what company?
How much does additional iCloud storage space cost?
- About $1 per GB per year
- About $2 per GB per year
- About $5 per GB per year
What's the first version of Mac OS X to include iCloud integration?
- Snow Leopard
Which of the following is a distinguishing feature between Amazon Cloud Drive and Apple iCloud?
- Streaming music
- Access using a Web browser
- Content you purchased from that company doesn't subtract from your available free storage.
True or False: Your Apple iOS device will use all of its iCloud integration features as long as you have an Internet connection.
The Web interface at icloud.com most closely resembles what other Apple product?
- Apple iOS
- Mac OS X
Which of the following families could benefit the most by using iCloud?
- A family with three MacBook laptops, two iPhones and an iPod Touch
- A family with a Windows desktop, two Windows laptops, an Android smartphone and an iPad
- A family with a Windows desktop, a MacBook laptop and two Android smartphones
How long did Apple give existing MobileMe customers to switch to iCloud before sunsetting the MobileMe service?
- None, service transitioned immediately
- 6 months
- 1 year
True or False: No iCloud features were available until the iOS 5 release in fall 2011.