The Aptera Hybrid prototype looks a little strange, but this three-wheeled vehicle promises astounding fuel efficiency. Do you know how it works? Take the Aptera Hybrid Quiz and find out.
Ready for a road trip? The Aptera hybrid is a concept car that gets an impressive ___ miles per gallon.
The Aptera Hybrid can best be described as:
- a three-wheel, two-passenger prototype
- a four-wheel, one-passenger prototype
- a two-wheel, two-passenger prototype
Aptera Motors, Inc., is a private company based in:
- San Carlos, Calif.
- Geneva, Switzerland
- San Diego, Calif.
A process patented as "Panelized Automated Composite Construction (PAC2)" informs the Aptera Hybrid's:
- body design
- unique tires
Originally, the Aptera's developers intended for the car to run on a diesel engine. They scrapped that plan, and turned to a(n) _____ hybrid model, instead.
- both all-electric and plug-in
Drivers will be able to reach top speeds of __ in their Aptera Hybrids.
In the past, automakers who attempted to design three-wheel vehicles put one wheel on the front of the car and two wheel on the rear. What's this design called?
- triangular manipulation
- delta formation
- acute modification
With what precautions have Aptera's developers equipped the car?
- blind spot detection, shatter-proof glass and an auto-braking mechanism
- rollover prevention system, engine placement and steel beam reinforcement
- safety cage, low center of gravity and traction control
What is the name of Aptera's system that gives the driver a 180-degree video display of the view behind the vehicle?
- "Front and Center"
- "Eyes Forward"
- "Rear Control"
The Aptera is a "two plus one" concept car, meaning that two adults can fit comfortably in the driver and passenger seats and a removable third seat is available for infants. Take that seat out, and you can fit ___ in the Aptera.
- 2 additional passengers between 60 and 85 pounds
- a bicycle
- 15 bags of groceries