The Ultimate Autumn Tablescapes Quiz
An attractive autumn tablescape extends an inviting welcome to family and friends. Take the quiz to learn how to shape a colorful autumn tablescape.
What is a tablescape?
- a table that is decorated in a harmonious way
- a drop leaf table with an extra panel
- a table with enough space underneath for children to play hide and seek
What are two holiday themes that are appropriate for an autumn tablescape?
- Easter and Passover
- Halloween and Thanksgiving
- Chanukah and Christmas
What is a vignette?
- a small story
- a small glass of wine
- a small branch
What are the autumn colors?
- lavender, taupe, chartreuse and azure
- pink, blue, green and purple
- brown, red, orange and gold
How do you achieve balance in a tablescape?
- by repeating scale, color and texture
- by having pieces of various heights
- by making sure all the items on the table are approximately the same weight
What makes a nice seasonal autumn snack?
What is a simple but elegant way to display apples and pears?
- Hang them from the chandelier.
- Place them in glass bowls or vases.
- Adorn them with Christmas lights.
What do you add to a moss starter to make your own moss?
- a cup of yogurt or buttermilk
- a glass of wine or cider
- a spadeful of mulch or fertilizer
On your tablescape, what can you use hollowed-out mini pumpkins for?
- ashtrays and deposits for olive pits
- candleholders and place card stands
- holders for plastic knives and forks
What can you carve in a larger pumpkin in lieu of a Jack-o-lantern face?
- your own face
- your phone number
- your initial
What kind of jar can double as a vase on your autumn tablescape?
- a mason jar
- a jam jar
- a marjoram jar
Which ONE of the following statements is true?
- Goldenrod is another name for ragweed.
- Goldenrod is just as allergenic as ragweed.
- Goldenrod is not in the same family as ragweed.
What is regarded as the consummate autumn flower?
- the rose
- the chrysanthemum
- the sunflower
How many candle fragrances are there in the U.S.?
- more than 1,000
- more than 5,000
- more than 10,000
What can you stick into oranges to render a delightful scent?
Which herb should you add to your display to sweeten the scent of your spices?
What third ingredient do you add to a scented cinnamon and clove brew?
Does every tablescape have to have a centerpiece?
How can you use nature as decoration?
- Display pinecones and fall fruits and vegetables
- Take pictures of the woods and use them as placemats
- Strew the table with plastic pumpkins and ceramic apples.
How can berries add a decorative touch to your tablescape?
- Put them in a glass bowl.
- Make a string of them.
- Scatter a handful on each plate.