The Berenstain Bears have been a staple of children's literature for generations. But how much do you really know about the Bears and their creators?
Who was the editor and publisher of the first Berenstain Bears books?
- Dr. Seuss
- Maurice Sendak
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
What was the name of the first Berenstain Bears book?
- "Papa Bear and Mama Bear"
- "The Big Honey Hunt"
- "Bear Family"
What happens in "The Big Honey Hunt'?
- Mama Bear and the kid bears tend to their bee hives
- Mama Bear asks Papa Bear to get honey at the store, but Papa can't resist trying to collect it himself by following a bee.
- The Bears all go to the market for honey.
How many Berenstain Bears books were originally planned after "The Big Honey Hunt"?
Who are the authors of the original Berenstain Bears?
- Dan and Pam Berenstain
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Stan and Ann Berenstain
What was Brother Bear originally called?
- Kid Bear
- Boy Bear
- Small Bear
What kind of publications published cartoons from Stan and Jan before they hit it big with the Bears?
- comic books
- medical dictionaries
What year was Sister Bear born (and first published)?
What empowering (and en vogue) theme did the Bears tackle in 1974?
- gun rights
- the importance of the 1st amendment
- gender equality
Readers of the "Washington Post" were not happy when the Berenstain Bears were heavily criticized in what piece?
- a news story about the Iran-Contra affair
- a review of "The Berenstain Bears Hold Hands and the Big Mall"
- an obituary "Appreciation" piece days after his death
What region do the Bears live in?
- Bear Country
- Grizzly Gulch
Theodor Geisel helped usher the Bears into existence as the Berenstain's editor. What else did Dr. Seuss do to help sell the series?
- created a cartoon television show right after the first book was published
- shortened "Stanley and Janice" to "Stan and Jan" Berenstain to make an appealing rhyme
- made Mama Bear wear a hat
What are the "Gimmies"?
- a cover band Papa Bear plays guitar in
- a virus Sister Bear comes down with
- when you want something and throw a fit if you don't get it
What kind of street do the Berenstain Bears live on?
- a sunny dirt road
- an animal highway
- a cul de sac on Paw Print Lane
What fruit does Mama Bear use to teach Sister Bear about strangers and their dangers?
What kind of house do the Bears live in?
- large Craftsman
Where did the Berenstain Bears go on vacation in 1968?
- the beach
In 1984, a big change came to the Bear family. What was it?
- Mama got a job
- Papa got fired
- Brother got diagnosed with ADD
Who now writes the Berenstain Bears' books, after Stan and Jan's deaths?
- their son
- their daughter
- the books are no longer being written
In 2012, what Bear gets politically active?
Starting in 2008, some Berenstain Bears titles explored what themes?
- conservative politics
- poverty and inequality
Who was the most recent addition to the Berenstain Bears?
Who was Papa Bear based on?
- Richard Nixon
- Clark Gable
How long did the original "The Berenstain Bears" television show run?
What was different about the Bears in the 2003 show?
- they didn't wear clothes
- they didn't have ears
- Mama's dress didn't have polka dots
20 episodes of the 2003 show were dubbed in what language?
In 1993, the Bears got their first what?
- chapter book
- full-length album
How many Berenstain Bears books have been published, as of 2015?
How many languages have the Bears' books been translated into?
A theory on the internet says you remember the books as the BerenstEin Bears (as opposed to BerestAin) because of what?
- parallel universes
- bad memory
- a typo fifty years ago