The biodiesel quiz will test your knowledge about biodiesel components, biofuel history and biodiesel pros and cons. Take the quiz and see how much you know about how biodiesel works.
According to the National Biodiesel Board, how much biodiesel was sold in the United States in 2006?
- 50 million gallons
- 150 million gallons
- 250 million gallons
What does the "xx" stand for in the Bxx biofuel grade?
- signifies petroleum in the fuel
- refers to a petroleum-free fuel
- indicates the percentage of biodiesel in the fuel
What biofuel grade is pure biodiesel?
What common characteristic is shared by all biodiesel sources?
- Biodiesel sources are combustible.
- Biodiesel sources contain fat.
- Biodiesel sources are plant-based.
What process do facilities use to convert raw fat into biodiesel?
- glycerol conversion
Which part of the raw fat molecules make up biodiesel?
- fatty acids
What type of fuel did Henry Ford think the Model T would run on?
- peanut oil
Which is not a benefit of biodiesel?
- reduced dependence on foreign oil
- made from renewable resources
- can be readily used in most gasoline engines
According to the National Biodiesel Board, B100 biodiesel could cut what percentage of carbon emissions from automobiles?
- 44 percent
- 78 percent
- 92 percent
How much power does the average diesel engine lose when fueled by biodiesel?
- 5 percent
- 10 percent