The Ultimate Should You Bring Your Nanny on Vacation Quiz
Going on a family vacation with young kids can be absolutely exhausting. For many families, the notion of bringing a nanny along can seem very appealing. Is it a good idea, though?
Which of these benefits might justify bringing a nanny along on vacation?
- greater flexibility
- lower costs
- increased space
With which of these developmental phases can a nanny really help a young child on vacation?
- eating solid foods
- potty training
Which of these statements best describes a shared vacation?
- A shared vacation is when your family vacation and the nanny's vacation coincide.
- A shared vacation is when you and another family go on vacation together.
- A shared vacation is a vacation given to you by a friend.
Approximately how many childcare workers are currently employed in the U.S.?
What percentage of U.S. childcare providers are self-employed?
- 20 percent
- 30 percent
- 40 percent
Where do most self-employed nannies care for kids?
- in their own home
- in the child's home
- at a daycare facility
Which of these is a disadvantage of bringing a nanny on vacation with you?
Why do children with special needs greatly benefit from having a nanny while on vacation?
- Special needs children need a well-trained and familiar caregiver.
- Children with special needs prefer spending time with their nanny.
- A child with special needs is likely to behave better with a nanny around.
Before the vacation you and the nanny should do which of these?
- You should discuss the nanny's responsibilities and compensation in detail.
- You should pick the best hotel together.
- You should decide which parks and museums the family will visit.
One way to save on childcare costs during a vacation is to do which of these?
- Take care of your own child.
- Skip the vacation entirely.
- Hire a local nanny for the duration of the vacation.
One of the advantages of hiring a local nanny is which of these?
- You will save money, because you will not be paying for the nanny's travel.
- You will meet someone who might be a better nanny than your own.
- Your child will get to meet a nice, new nanny.
Which of these things should you require of any nanny you hire?
- a childcare license
- a work visa
- a friendly smile
It is critical, when brining a nanny on vacation, that you keep in mind which of these facts?
- The nanny is not on vacation.
- The nanny might want to try a different restaurant.
- The nanny might get bored.
If you are going to bring your regular nanny along, you might consider which of these money-saving tips?
- Rent a vacation house.
- Don't pay the nanny.
- Find the cheapest hotel possible.
Which of these methods best ensures that you and your nanny will both understand the vacation and work arrangements?
- a verbal agreement
- a written contract
- a unspoken understanding