Quiz: Bedroom Decorating on the Cheap
We spend a good part of our lives in the bedroom, so why not make that space somewhere you really want to be? Think you're a savvy, budget bedroom decorator? Test your knowledge with our quiz!
If you're planning to revamp your old bedroom curtains by dyeing them a new color, which of these can you use?
- either of the above
What's the best way to paint a room?
- Hire a painter.
- Do it yourself.
- Throw a painting party.
Which of these makes the best cheap drop cloth for painting?
- a roll of craft paper
- large towels from the thrift store
- thin plastic
What sort of tape is best when you're painting?
- beige masking tape
- blue masking tape
- green masking tape
True or false: You need a sewing machine to make a set of curtains.
Where can you find the best bargains on bedroom furniture?
- at the discount mall
- at the thrift store
When you're painting a second-hand piece of furniture, what's the most important first step?
- choosing the paint color
- removing the hardware
How many piles should you make when cleaning out your closet?
After you clean out your closet and dresser, how can you make sure it stays uncluttered?
- Add some storage space to your room.
- Organize your clothes, so everything has a place.
- Find a room in the house where you can put “overflow” clothes.
True or false: Custom wall art is too expensive.
When making custom art for your bedroom, what's important to keep in mind?
- matching your color scheme exactly
- how much wall space you have
- creating the perfect art piece
What is a wall decal?
- a giant, removable sticker
- another name for a stencil
- something you put on your car
What can you do with faded bedsheets?
- Nothing; throw them out.
- Make a dress to wear around the house.
- Dye them and give them a new lease on life.
If you can't find furniture you like at the thrift store, where else can you hunt for good cheap bedroom furniture?
- at IKEA
- in the “as-is” section of department stores
- at Wal-Mart
What is an accent wall?
- the wall where all the knickknacks are displayed
- the wall with the most windows
- a single wall painted in a different color
What is an “heirloom piece?”
- an antique
- furniture you assemble yourself
- furniture that is built to last
Which of these wall colors is best in a bedroom?
Which of these is a bedroom decorating faux pas?
- white curtains
- mixing types of wood
- mirrored closet doors
How much does an average person sleep each day?
- 7.4 hours
- 8.7 hours
- 9.2 hours
What's a good color for your bedroom curtains?
- a soothing pale green
- rich, navy blue
- vibrant red