Having a patio created for you is easy. Making one yourself isn't. But if you love a challenge, have the creative juices of an army of DIYers, then, maybe you can tackle a patio project on your own. Take this quiz and find out if you have the stuff to be a patio paragon.
What can make a good fire bowl?
- an old steel mixing bowl
- a large bird's nest
- as a lever set in the dash
When was the garden gnome first invented?
- in China during the Ming Dynasty
- in Germany during the 19th century
- Invented? They're not real?
How much does it cost to install a patio surface professionally?
- $5 per square foot
- $20 per square foot
- Anywhere from $7 to $16 per square foot
How much does it cost to install a patio yourself?
- Approximately half of a professional installation.
- It depends on how much you're willing to do to find materials and install them yourself.
- It depends on how many friends you have.
What is a paver?
- beautiful, dressed stone lovingly laid down in an intricate and subtle pattern
- shaped and formed blocks designed for outdoor use, and set up in a recognizable pattern
- anything you want that will create a durable, level surface on which to enjoy the outdoors
What's the difference between cement and concrete?
- Cement is a component of concrete.
- Concrete is a component of cement.
- One is made from limestone, while the other is made from sand.
Which of the following can be used in place of a traditional water fountain?
- a spray bottle with integrated fan
- a broken water main
- a garden hose set to spray water over backyard plants
What makes a good shade for outdoor lighting?
- collected toilet paper tubes
- reused and decoratively pierced tin cans
- bundles of lawn clippings
Where is the largest analemmatic garden sundial?
- National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Memorial Bridge, Jaipur, India
- Longwood Gardens, Philadelphia, Pa.
Are mosaics horizontal or vertical?
- only horizontal
- only vertical
- either horizontal or vertical, or they even can follow curves or be completely free-form