The Ultimate Carpet Cleaning Quiz
Carpet cleaning is important for keeping your carpet looking and feeling great. Take this quiz to see how much you know about carpet cleaning.
How often is it recommended that you vacuum your carpets?
- once a day
- once a week
- once a month
When vacuuming, how many times should you pass over each section of carpeting?
How can you prevent odors building up in the bag of the vacuum cleaner?
- Add baking soda to the bag.
- Spray air freshener into the bag.
- Add flour to the bag.
What is the No. 1 rule with regard to cleaning spills on your carpeting?
- Clean the middle of the stain first.
- Only use a towel to clean spills.
- Clean them immediately.
What should you do before using a cleaning solution on your carpet?
- Check that the solution won't damage the carpet.
- Dilute the solution well.
- Mix in a chlorine agent to the solution.
What should you avoid doing when lifting a stain from carpet?
- wetting the stain
- rubbing the stain
- drying the stain
How should you wipe up the stain?
- Starting from the outside and working your way to the center of the stain.
- Starting from the center of the stain and working your way outward.
- Working your way across the stain in horizontal wipes.
Which is the best material for absorbing carpet stains?
- paper towel
- a bath towel
What sort of solution should you apply to acid stains?
- water and an antacid
- water and ammonia
- water and methylated spirits
Many spills and stains can be cleaned with a solution made from a mild detergent, _____ and water.
- citric acid
- baking soda
How can chewing gum be removed from carpet?
- by applying ice
- by applying a baking soda mixture
- by vacuuming
What tool is used to remove crayon stains from carpet?
- a spatula
- an iron
- coffee filter paper
What is used to remove red wine stains from carpet?
- white wine
- table salt
- both of the above
How do you know when it is time for a deep-cleaning carpet job?
- The carpet feels sticky.
- The carpet feels soft.
- The carpet has not faded.
What do you need to check before deep-cleaning your carpet?
- Ensure quick drying ability.
- Test for colorfastness.
- Make sure the weather is dry.
What should you place under the legs of furniture that cannot be removed from the room before cleaning the carpet?
What can you use to touch-up small areas of your carpet that have been altered by stain removers?
- acrylic paint
- clothing dye
What can be used to raise depressions left in carpets by heavy furniture?
What should you do if the carpet has a loose thread?
- Cut it.
- Leave it.
- Pull it out.
How can you repair an area of carpet that has been burned?
- Replace the burnt area of carpet with a new scrap the same shape.
- Replace the entire area of carpet in that room.
- Replace burnt fibers with fibers from a new scrap of carpet.