Quiz: Should you let your Children Bring Friends on Vacation?
Should you allow your children to invite friends on a vacation? Take our quiz to help you decide whether to let your kids invite friends on a vacation.
What should you first decide before allowing your kids to invite a friend along on vacation?
- whether to have an active vacation or a relaxing vacation
- whether to invite a friend who is an only child
- whether the vacation is to be family only
How should and your child decide which friend to invite on a vacation?
- Make a list of which friends your child prefers.
- Have your child name two friends, and then flip a coin to decide which one to invite.
- The parent should decide which of your child's friends will be the best behaved.
Who is the ideal friend to take along on vacation?
- the child whose parents can afford to spend the most
- the one you and your child know best
- the most well behaved child
What should you do if you are unfamiliar with your child's first choice of friend?
- Bring him or her so you can get to know the child.
- Invite the friend over more frequently and get to know the parents for next time.
- Do a background check of the friend's parents.
When should you make it clear that you need financial assistance from your child's friend?
- as soon as you invite the child
- when you pick up the child to leave for vacation
- when you bring the child back from vacation
What aspect of taking your child's friend along with you will make or break the vacation?
- whether the child is clear on the rules and discipline for misbehaving
- whether the child will be homesick
- whether the child is fully vaccinated
What should the parents of the friend provide you regarding medical issues?
- a copy of the child's health insurance card
- a letter giving you permission to make medical decisions
- both of the above
What do you need to provide to the parents of your child's friend before your trip?
- a copy of your latest tax return
- an itinerary and contact numbers
- a statement that you will assume responsibility for the child
Even if the parents agree to contribute financially, what do you need to clarify?
- who can decide how the child's money can be spent
- that you might need more money after the trip
- that you'll need an emergency credit card
If you have other children, what do you need to consider when inviting a friend on vacation?
- how your other children will get along with the friend
- whether your other children can also bring a friend
- both of the above