Light 'Em Up for the Holidays: Illuminate us with your knowledge of Christmas lights!
Most everyone looks forward to seeing the colorful sparkle of Christmas lights at the end of every year. But how much do you really know about these seasonal displays? Find out by taking this quiz.
True or false: President Abraham Lincoln started the tradition of the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- The United States doesn't have a national Christmas tree.
Who invented electric Christmas lights?
- Benjamin Franklin
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Thomas Edison
Before electric Christmas lights, how did people illuminate their Christmas trees?
- with bonfires in the background
- with candles
- with imagination
Which type of light bulb is cheapest to use for decorating?
What company was the first to offer electric Christmas lights to the public?
- Edison Electric
- General Electric
- Brite Star
What is an inflatable?
- a live Christmas tree decorated with balloons
- a nylon air-filled decoration that's powered by a fan
- a furry's disgruntled cousin
True or false: The bigger the light bulb, the less power it uses.
- Light bulbs only come in one size.
What is a blow mold?
- a Christmas lollipop
- a molded plastic Christmas decoration that lights up
- a tool for making a Christmas gelatin salad
Which U.S. president was the first to adorn the White House Christmas tree with electric bulbs?
- Grover Cleveland
- Herbert Hoover
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
A Christmas light contest is typically held between ___.
- a couple of neighbors
- an entire town or community
- both of the above