It makes sense that as adults we want to recreate that excitement by buying and reconditioning the muscle cars of our childhood dreams. Think you know about the basics of collecting, refurbishing and enjoying classic muscle cars? Take this quiz to find out!
Of the 69 Camaro ZL1's originally produced, how many stayed on the market?
- more than 50
- about 30
- about 10
The 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T was the first car to carry the "R/T" designation. What does that stand for?
- Réglementation Thermique (Thermal Regulation)
- Response Time
- Road & Track
Of these colors, which was never an offering for the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda?
- Plum Crazy Purple
- Super Bee Yellow
- Panther Pink
The Dodge Charger's famous flip-out hidden headlights were removed in 1973. Why?
- due to new safety legislation
- incompatibility with other redesign features
- to appeal to families
The 1949 Oldsmobile Rocket 88, considered by some to be the first real muscle car, carried a 303 cubic-inch V-8. How much horsepower could a driver expect out of this fresh new engine?
Although factory tests dictated that the high-rising rear spoilers on the 1969 Dodge Daytona and 1970 Plymouth Superbird actually hindered driver speed, why were they not lowered?
- dealer outcry
- trunk access
- racer and sponsor demands
Of the two custom 1966 Shelby 427 Cobras installed with twin Paxton Superchargers, one was famously created for Bill Cosby. What ultimately happened to this vehicle?
- He sold it for tax relief.
- It ended up in a lake.
- He donated it to the Smithsonian.
The much-beloved 1969 Pontiac GTO was nicknamed "The Judge." Where did the name come from?
- a partnership with the creative team of television's "The Dukes of Hazzard"
- in lead-up to a high-cost, ultimately flopped movie franchise about road justice
- a skit on the television show "Laugh-In"
The 1964 Pontiac GTO -- "The Goat" -- is one of the most famous models among collectors and newbies alike. But what does GTO actually stand for?
- Gran Turismo Overdrive
- Gate Turn-Off Thyristor Engine
- Gran Turismo Omologato
The Chrysler 426 had a famous Hemi engine nicknamed after an animal. What was it?
- the elephant, for its size
- the cheetah, for its speed
- the jaguar, for its luxurious handling