The Ultimate Cleaning Glass-Top Stoves Quiz
A glass cook top is stylish and works efficiently, but takes a lot of care. Take our quiz and find out how to maintain a glass top stove.
What is an advantage of a glass top stove?
- You don't need to take the stove apart to clean it.
- It is cheaper than regular stoves.
- It is more energy efficient than a traditional stove.
What is the most important rule for cleaning your glass top stove?
- Never use melamine cleaning pads (magic foam) on the surface.
- Less is more.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
What do sugary spills do to a glass top stove?
- They discolor it.
- They pit or crack it.
- They harden and become impossible to remove.
What should you use to clean your glass top stove?
- soap and water
- specialized ceramic cook top cleaners
- oven cleaner
What does a routine cleaning of a glass top stove involve?
- a wipe with a paper towel and ceramic cook top cleanser
- lots of elbow grease
- a wipe with a dry cleaning pad
What is the most expensive type of glass top stove?
- gas on glass
- induction range
What precaution do you need to take when cooking?
- Do not use too big a flame.
- Do not let liquid dry out.
- Do not allow things to over boil.
What type of cookware is not recommended for use on a glass top stove?
- cast iron
- stainless steel
What type of cookware uses energy most efficiently?
- flat bottomed
- good quality stainless steel
Why is it problematic if you have a pitted or cracked glass stove top?
- It looks ugly.
- Germs can get in.
- Spills will seep into the heating elements and cause an electric shock.