It's a cold winter morning, and you could use a couple more hours of sleep, but your commute awaits. The only thing that rouses you from the warm confines of your down comforter is the prospect of a hot cup of coffee washing down your cold throat.
In what country is coffee believed to have originated?
The average seven-ounce cup of coffee contains about how much caffeine?
- 50 to 100 milligrams
- 115 to 175 milligrams
- 200 to 300 milligrams
What about the average two-ounce shot of espresso?
- 100 milligrams
- 200 milligrams
- 500 milligrams
What happens to the caffeine that's extracted from the bean in the decaffeination process?
- It's recycled into the soil.
- It's discarded and treated as a harmful byproduct.
- It's used as an additive in Coca-Cola.
Is coffee good for you or bad for you?
- bad for you
- good for you
- contradictory studies leaves it inconclusive
Coffee can be grown alongside which crop?
How do Starbucks sales compare to Coca-Cola's?
- on par with Coca-Cola
- about one-third as large as Coke's
- not even close -- less than one-tenth the size of Coke's
Starbucks is a popular job for what reason?
- It offers health insurance to all employees.
- Making coffee for strangers is everybody's dream.
- Baristas feel like they're performing a public service.
What country exports more coffee than any other?
How many tons of coffee is produced each year worldwide?
- roughly 7 million tons (6.3 million metric tons)
- roughly 3 million tons (2.7 million metric tons)
- roughly 20 million tons (18 million metric tons)