Rash Reasons: Common Skin Irritants Quiz
Itchy, red, inflamed skin? Think you know what's causing that rash? Get out the salve and take this soothing quiz!
What term is used to describe a variety of skin irritation and inflammatory conditions?
- herpes zoster
What does dermatitis commonly look like?
- round, red welts
- spider-like red veins and acne
- red, itchy, swollen skin
What is the most common allergen you might encounter while doing your laundry?
- dyes and fragrances in detergents and fabric softeners
What ingredient in sunscreens may cause allergic reactions in some people?
- zinc oxide
- titanium oxide
- para-aminobenzoic acid, or PABA
What type of plant causes red, itchy blisters that can last for two to three weeks?
- loofah gourd
- poison ivy
Which of the following is your best protection against bugs and insects?
- repellent spray or lotion that contains N-diethyl-meta-toluamide (DEET)
- lemon eucalyptus
- B vitamins
What causes the prickly, swollen skin condition known as heat rash?
- being outside when the temperatures are over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.8 Celcius)
- ultraviolet (UV) rays
- excessive sweating and blocked sweat ducts
True or false: Wearing clothing can cause skin irritation.
What condition could shaving without enough skin lubrication cause?
- razor burn
- contact dermatitis
Which of the following might cause skin reactions from cosmetic usage?
- fragrance and dyes
- all of the above