The Ultimate Creative Painting Quiz
Creative painting can provide a welcome change from the standard approach. Take this quiz to find out what you know about creative painting.
Why change your approach to painting?
- for a change of pace
- to save money
- to help the environment
How would you define wabi-sabi?
- a very spicy sauce
- a Japanese style of painting
- a Jedi knight
When using a stencil, why should you offload excess paint?
- to save money
- to avoid brush strokes
- to minimize damage to the stencil
Which of these is the most efficient way to secure a stencil?
- Tape it to the wall with painter's tape.
- Hold it against the wall with your hand.
- Glue it to the wall with epoxy glue.
How can you tell that you've removed all of the excess paint from your brush?
- The brush looks clean.
- The paint doesn't drip.
- The brush is only half full.
Which of these is the proper method for painting with stencils?
- straight strokes from left to right
- direct dabs with the tip of the brush
- light circular strokes
What should you do with a stencil after using it?
- Blow dry it.
- Wash it.
- Throw it out.
Which of these types of flashlights should you use to create enlarged stencil designs?
- any flashlight with a removable lens
- a military flashlight
- a waterproof flashlight
What kinds of designs are best when enlarged?
- designs with round edges
- designs with clear and definite shapes
- designs with words
Once you have projected your design onto the wall with your flashlight, what should you do next?
- Trace the design with a pencil.
- Start painting immediately.
- Memorize the design placement.
What sort of paint should you use to apply a lace pattern?
- stencil paint
- acrylic paint
- spray paint
If you're using lace as a stencil, when should you remove the lace?
- immediately after painting
- once the paint has totally dried
- only after three to four hours
How should you secure a flashlight when using it as a stencil?
- Hold it in one hand while you trace.
- Have a friend hold it for you.
- Prop it on a stack of books.
When spray painting over lace, which of these methods should you use?
- Apply one thick coat of paint.
- Apply from right to left in a circular motion.
- Apply and reapply in small amounts.
What should you bear in mind regarding tissue paper techniques?
- They are permanent.
- They are extremely expensive.
- They are bad for the environment.
Where should you go to purchase glazing liquid?
- a grocery store
- a painting store
- a hardware store
When should you apply the tissue to the wall?
- before you begin painting
- while the satin finish is drying
- after you've completed all of the painting
Why should you crumble tissue paper before applying it?
- to achieve texture
- to save space
- to use up as much of the paper as possible
Which of these should you use to apply glaze?
- a paintbrush
- a cotton rag
- a spray bottle
What is the difference between the way glaze looks when it's wet and when it's dry?
- It looks light, but dries dark.
- It looks dark, but dries light.
- It looks milky, but dries clear.