Multiverse Mergers: The Crisis on Infinite Earths Quiz
The 1985 comic book series "Crisis on Infinite Earths" was a landmark event that drastically changed the DC universe. How much do you know about the Crisis?
Which of these characters did NOT die during the Crisis?
What device did Jay Garrick and Wally West use with Kal-L and Kal-El to get to Earth-Two?
- The Cosmic Treadmill
- The Mobius Chair
- The Lasso of Truth
What is the name of the character who is forced to observe as each Earth is destroyed?
- The Emulator
- The Pariah
- The Phantom Stranger
The iconic cover of the series' seventh issue depicts a grief-stricken Superman holding the corpse of what hero?
- Wonder Woman
- The Flash
How many issues was the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" limited series?
What emotion-manipulating villain does the Anti-Monitor use as his primary pawn against Earth's heroes?
- Mr. Freeze
What was the 2005 sequel to "Crisis on Infinite Earths" called?
- Ground Zero
- Infinite Crisis
- Return of the Anti-Monitor
How does the Flash (Barry Allen) die during the Crisis?
- Creating a speed vortex to drain Anti-Monitor's anti-matter cannon.
- Accidentally transporting himself to another universe just as it was destroyed.
- Running across a sea of lava to rescue his wife, Iris.
Which Earth is Alexander Luthor, Jr. from?
- Gamma Earth
Ultraman, Power Ring, Owlman, Johnny Quick and Super-Woman make up the Crime Syndicate, an evil version of what superhero team?
- The Green Lantern Corps
- The Legion of Super-Pets
- The Justice League of America
Blue Beetle came from Earth-Four, notable for being the home of superheroes that originated with what defunct publisher, from whom DC had purchased the rights?
- Marvel Comics
- Atlas Comics
- Charlton Comics
Who wrote "Crisis on Infinite Earths?"
- Marv Wolfman
- Alan Moore
- Frank Miller
The Monitor first appeared as a shadowy figure in what team comic book series?
- Justice League
- All-Star Squadron
- The New Teen Titans
Only one hero survived the destruction of the Earth-Six universe. Who was it?
- Doctor Light
- Plastic Man
- Lady Quark
How was the Anti-Monitor ultimately destroyed at the end of the Crisis?
- Kal-L (Earth-Two's Superman) punched his head into a star, which exploded.
- The Green Lantern Corps imprisoned him within the Power Battery on Oa.
- The magic users of earth-one cast a spell together that erased him from reality.
Who killed the villain Psimon?
- Lex Luthor
- Mirror Master
What happened to the magic-user Amethyst while she was battling Anti-Monitor's forces?
- She was sucked into another universe and trapped there.
- Her legs were crushed, leaving her unable to walk.
- She was blinded.
Who caused the event that shattered the cosmos and created the multi-verse?
- Hal Jordan
Alexander Luthor rescued several heroes from the anti-matter universe, placing them in a "paradise dimension." He rescued Lois Lane and Superman from Earth-Two and what hero from Earth Prime?
The final five universes which are combined to form the new DC universe are: Earth-One, Earth-Two, Earth S, Earth-Four and …
- Earth X
Who became the new Flash in the aftermath of the Crisis?
- Jay Garrick
- Wally West
- Bruce Wayne
When the Spectre battles the Anti-Monitor, who helps him?
- all the magic using heroes on Earth-One
- the entire Green Lantern Corps
- the gods of Olympus
Anti-Monitor builds a fortress in space made out of what material?
Who on Earth-One first suspects something is wrong with the multiverse?
- Ganthet, one of Guardians of the Universe
- King Solovar of Gorilla City
What race was Krona?
Whose universe's destruction fueled the Anti-Monitor's escape from the anti-matter universe?
- Superboy Prime
- Earth-Two Superman
Why did Harbinger kill Monitor?
- He was really the cause of the destruction of the multiverse.
- She learned that he had killed her parents.
- Monitor forced Harbinger to do it so that the energy released by his death could absorb and contain Earth-One and Earth-Two.
Power Girl is a survivor of which universe?
How can you tell Superman of Earth-Two (Kal-L) apart from Earth-One's Superman (Kal-El)?
- Kal-L is older and has gray hair at his temples.
- Kal-L wears a costume that is the inverse of Kal-El's — red with a blue S symbol.
- Kal-L's eyes constantly give off a greenish glow.
What does Anti-Monitor do before the final battle against Earth's heroes?
- Create thousands of duplicates of himself so they can't find the real Anti-Monitor.
- Pull Earth and all the heroes into the anti-matter universe.
- Reveal all their secret identities to Earth's supervillains.