He emerged from rural poverty to become one of the most famous self-help advocates of all time. How much do you know about Dale Carnegie?
Carnegie's best-known book is called "How to Win Friends and Influence…" what?
- "Your World"
At the beginning of his career, why did Carnegie change his name?
- No one could spell it properly.
- He wanted to be associated with the famous Carnegie family.
- His last name attracted prejudice.
What was the original spelling of Carnegie's last name?
What year did Carnegie die?
In which state was Carnegie born?
Which high school team did Carnegie join?
Instead of going into farming, what profession did Carnegie decide to try?
After saving up $500 from sales, Carnegie quit his job to do what?
- Move to Los Angeles to start a marketing company
- Move to Washington D.C. to become a politician
- Move to New York and become an actor
In which branch of the military did Carnegie serve?
Carnegie hated theater, so he began teaching what subject?
- Public speaking
In what year did Carnegie start the Dale Carnegie Course?
How long were Carnegie's courses in the early 1930s?
- one weekend
- two hours
- 14 weeks
In what city did Carnegie decide to create a headquarters for the Dale Carnegie Institute?
- San Francisco
- New York
How many copies of Carnegie's book were printed during its first run?
To date, about how many copies of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" have been sold?
- 80 million
- 30 million
- 110 million
In its first year of sales, how many different editions of his book were published?
In addition to public speaking and psychology, Carnegie also wrote what kinds of books?
- Crime fiction
By Carnegie's estimate, about how many speeches did he critique during his lifetime?
Around the world, how many Dale Carnegie Training program instructors are there?
To date, about how many people have completed the Carnegie training program?
- 1 million
- 3 million
- 8 million
Carnegie wrote a biography about which U.S. president?
- Abraham Lincoln
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
In his most famous book's first edition, Carnegie says the first thing the book will help you do is what?
- Increase your popularity.
- Make you a better salesman, a better executive.
- Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.
Carnegie wrote that the only way to get the best in an argument is to do what?
- Avoid it.
- Prepare for the worst.
- Analyze the situation from both sides.
Carnegie wrote that the No.1 way to get people to like you is to do what?
- become genuinely interested in other people
- talk in terms of the other person's interest
What was Carnegie's first rule for making your home life happier (a section that was removed from the book in 1981)?
- Don't try to make your partner over.
- Don't nag.
- Be courteous.
What should you NEVER say, according to Carnegie?
- "You're stupid."
- "You're right."
- "You're wrong."
What was the name of the last book Carnegie published while he was still alive?
- "Little Known Facts About Well Known People"
- "Five Minute Biographies"
- "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living"
What does Carnegie write is the first step in analyzing worry?
- Keep busy.
- Get all the facts.
- Keep calm and try to make it the best.
What should you do if you're wrong, according to Carnegie?
- Admit it.
- Hide the truth.
- Find evidence to support your argument.
If something is inevitable, Carnegie wrote that you should do what?
- Cooperate with the inevitable.
- Fight the inevitable.
- Choose a new path.