Cuticle care is essential to having nice nails. Learn how to remedy damaged cuticles with our quiz.
What's the purpose of having cuticles?
- Cuticles provide a protective barrier.
- Cuticles produce the protein our nails are made of.
- Cuticles provide the blood supply to the nail bed.
Which of the following is not a common cause of cuticle damage?
- dry skin
- nail biting
- a manicure
- too much time in water
- these are all common ways for cuticles to become damaged
What substance are fingernails made out of?
- bone collagen
True or false: Fingernails grow slower when the temperatures are colder.
What is the most common infection associated with damaged cuticles?
- human herpes viruses 6 and 7
True or false: Paronychia is a skin infection caused by bacteria.
What is not a common cause of dry skin?
- overexposure to water
- exposure to irritants
What active ingredients will you find in the most beneficial cuticle creams?
- fats and waxes
- acids and aloe
- hydrogen peroxide and fats
Keratin, the substance your nails are made out of, is found in all of the following except:
Why is our skin drier in the winter months?
- cold temperatures
- shortened daylight hours
- low humidity