Explore a real gem of a city tucked in close to the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Denver is a city with a mix of Old West historic buildings and modern architecture offering something for just about anyone. Clean air, moderate temperatures and breathtaking scenery bring millions of tourists to Denver each year. Take our quiz to learn more about Colorado’s favorite city.
In what American state is Denver situated?
In what direction do the fabulous Rocky Mountains sit from the city of Denver, Colorado?
In an average year, how many days of sunshine fill the sky in Denver?
How many acres of parkland are spread in and around Denver?
Denver is a popular tourist and convention spot. About how many overnight visitors does the city host each year?
- 12.7 million
- 11.9 million
- 10.5 million
What is Denver noted for besides being a great tourist attraction?
- Denver is the thinnest city in the United States partly due to its outdoor lifestyle.
- Denver is the highest educated city in the United States.
- Both of the above apply to Denver.
What is the most popular nickname for Denver?
- Mile High City
- Rocky Mountain High
- Queen City of the Plains
What is the name of Denver’s mile-long pedestrian shopping and dining promenade?
- The Esplanade
- 16th Street Mall
- Sparks Street Mall
How high do the Rocky Mountains soar above sea level in the Denver area?
- Many of the Rocky Mountain peaks near Denver soar to over 14,000 feet above sea level.
- Many of the Rocky Mountain peaks near Denver soar to almost 12,500 feet above sea level.
- Many of the Rocky Mountain peaks near Denver soar to around 11,800 feet above sea level.
What is the name of the highest paved road in America, which you will not want to miss while visiting Denver?
- Mount Evans Scenic Byway
- Pawnee Pioneer Trail
- Frontier Pathway
What should you know about driving in Colorado?
- Speed limits in and around Denver are a lower than average at maximums of 50 miles per hour.
- Seatbelts are mandatory in Colorado and police routinely issue tickets for violations.
- Traffic jams are rare in Denver, as a majority of people bike or walk instead of driving.
Where can you go in Denver in the winter to have some fun snowshoeing and cross-country skiing?
- City Park or Washington Park
- Civic Center Park or Colorado Park
- Washington Park and Civic Center Park
What is the name of the national park with the highest elevation of any in the U.S. and is only a couple hours' drive from Denver?
- Gunnison National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
What is a stunning piece of architecture that is a must-see for any visitor to Denver?
- the Colorado State Capitol
- the Downtown Aquarium
- the Molly Brown House
Once you have confirmed dates of travel to visit Denver, what attraction must you reserve at least three weeks in advance?
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver U.S. Mint
What reptile is featured in the Denver Zoo that is the world’s largest exhibit of its kind?
- Komodo dragons
What is the best way to travel between Confluence Park and the ever-popular Children’s Museum?
- Take the Platte Valley Trolley.
- Take a relaxing stroll on the riverside boardwalk.
- Take a romantic ride on a colorful gondola.
What is one critically acclaimed festival that you can attend in Denver held every year in July?
- Dragon Boat Festival
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival
- Denver International Film Festival
What traditional Wild West event can you make sure to catch if you are visiting Denver in January?
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- American National Championship Rodeo
- National Western Stock Show
What is an outdoor site in Denver where you could go in the summer to take in some top musical acts by American performers?
- Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Washington Park