Quiz: Are you Ready to Create a Digital Home Entertainment Room?
There are lots of tips and tricks to know when it comes to creating your digital home entertainment room. Take our quiz to get valuable information on your family digital media room.
What is usually the central focus of a multipurpose family room or media room?
- recliner chair
What is the main purpose of a home theater?
- watching TV
- putting on plays
- hosting live concerts
When budgeting for your media room or home theater, you should __________.
- spend the most money on enhancing acoustics
- invest in a few good components
- invest in one key piece
What are some of the extra costs to consider when buying an electronic device?
- delivery and installation charges
- extended warranties
- both of the above
What potentially large costs are often overlooked when buying electronic devices?
- repair costs
- subscription costs
- replacement costs
DVD soundtracks are recorded with _________.
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- DTS (Digital Theater Systems) 5.1
- either of the above
How many speakers do you need for a good surround sound system?
When planning your digital home, it's a good idea to install extra_________, even in rooms that don't presently have electronics.
- wires and cables
Cabinets planned for electronic equipment should have __________.
- plywood shelves
- plastic shelves
- deep shelves
For maximum enjoyment of your home media room, what type of remote control is best?
- one remote for the video and one remote for the audio
- an all-in-one remote to control everything
- a sound-activated remote control
Where should you install intercom units in your home?
- by every doorway
- in frequently used rooms
- only in bedrooms
Where should you place temperature and security control panels in your home?
- by the front door
- by the back door
- in the main hallway
When investing in a home digital entertainment system you should:
- Buy everything at once.
- Buy one piece at a time.
- Invest in a few good components and upgrade when you can.
What should you do before installing wires to accommodate your new electronic equipment?
- Draw a sketch of your rooms.
- Make models of your equipment.
- Buy new tools.
Who should help plan and install your home digital systems?
- an electronics professional
- your neighbor who works in tech support