The Ultimate Dining Room Decorating Quiz
There are lots of dining room decorating ideas, depending on the mood you want to create. Get in a good mood by answering this dining room decorating quiz.
In your dining area, how much space should you figure for the table and chairs?
- approximately five square feet for the table and 25 inches (63.5 centimeters) for chairs
- no difference as long as they fit next to the wall
- approximately eight square feet for a table and 36 inches (91 centimeters) for chairs
What dual purpose does a drop-leaf table serve?
- It can be opened up when guests come or remain closed as a hall table.
- It is used as a small table for eating purposes or as a large seat when you want to lounge around.
- It can be used as a small table for eating or as a full-size billiard table when open.
What other storage ideas can you implement in your dining room in addition to cabinets?
- corner china cupboards, plate racks and wall shelves
- plastic storage boxes and crates
- ceiling-suspended storage drawers and quaint, tidy coat racks
How can you create a dining room with a glamorous look?
- with a beautiful rug, stone floor and pretty wall-hangings
- with wicker chairs, a rectangular table and pastel-toned drapes
- with a round table, elegant chairs and elongated chandeliers
Glass doors, a glass-topped table and a high ceiling give your dining room what sort of look?
To give your dining room a feeling of serenity, what would you need?
- lots of curves and no sharp edges
- wide stripes
- a few mirrors
Your spouse wants to paint the walls a rose-toned shade. Will it go down well in a dining room?
- No. Try to use the idea instead for a bedroom.
- Yes. It might even give a cozy feel to the room on chilly nights.
- Not exactly. It's best to discourage this idea.
What could you use as a regal focal point in your dining-room décor?
- an ornate rug
- an expansive hearth
- a sideboard
An effective dining-room décor captures the element of surprise. What is one idea of "surprise"?
- an elaborate ceiling decoration, as opposed to plain white
- a tiger-skin rug on the floor
- wallpapered walls
You want an Indian-bazaar look in your dining room. What would you put with traditional pieces to get this look?
- porcelain ornaments
- ethnic pieces
- curry-colored pieces