Quiz: Can you dry-clean your clothes at home?
Does your rayon rumple, silk slump and wool wither? Take this quiz to see how much you know about the process. You may never have to send your clothes out again!
Is dry cleaning really a dry process?
What appliance will you need to dry-clean your clothes at home?
- washing machine
Should you dry-clean all clothes?
- only clothes labeled "dry clean only"
Why should you never clean "dry clean only" clothes in a washing machine?
- The washer always tears dry-clean-only clothes.
- Water can damage dry-clean-only clothes.
- Dry-clean-only clothes don't get clean in a washer.
For the same amount it costs to have one item professionally cleaned, how many items can you dry-clean at home?
Where can you buy home dry cleaning kits?
- online only
- specialty fabric stores
- everywhere detergent is sold
How many pieces of clothing can you dry-clean at once using a home kit?
How is home dry cleaning more environmentally friendly than professional dry cleaning?
- Home kits prolong the life of the fabric.
- Home kits don't use strong chemicals.
- Home kits totally replace the need for professional dry cleaners.
What components do all home dry cleaning kits have in common?
- stain remover and dryer bag
- dryer cloth and dryer bag
- stain remover, dryer cloth and dryer bag
What should you do if the home dry cleaning bag becomes damaged?
- Throw it away.
- Repair it with a needle and thread.
- Repair it with duct tape.
What do home dry cleaning kits use to make your clothes smell good?
- essential oils
What is the absorbent pad in the home dry cleaning kit used for?
- to clean up spilled stain remover
- to apply the stain remover
- to soak up dirt and stains
During which stage of home dry cleaning is most of the dirt removed?
- stain pretreatment
- time in the clothes dryer
- after hanging up clothes
What happens in the clothes dryer during dry cleaning?
- Large greasy spots are removed.
- Small stains and odors are removed.
- Pet hair and lint are removed.
What should you do when your cleaning has finished in the dryer?
- Fold and put away the clothes.
- Immediately hang the clothes
- Leave everything in the dryer for 10 minutes.
Why would a person with animals not be a fan of home dry cleaning?
- It doesn't remove pet stains.
- Pets do not like the smell.
- It doesn't remove pet hair.
Which of the following fabrics becomes rumpled and misshapen when washed in water?
Why is home dry cleaning a poor choice for dress shirts?
- Buttons pop off easily in the dryer bag.
- It doesn't remove wrinkles well.
- Dress shirts absorb the perfume smell more than any other clothing.
Which of the following is NOT an advantage of a home dry cleaning kit?
- very clean clothes
- save money
- exposure to fewer chemicals
Can you home dry clean suede, leather and fur?
- only if it's fake
- not if you plan on wearing them again after cleaning