How much to you know about this financial capital of the world? Take our Dubai quiz to test your knowledge and learn about lesser-known aspects of Dubai's culture.
Dubai is one of seven emirates that form what nation?
- United Arab Emirates
The main source of Dubai's revenue in the 1980s was:
What is Dubai's Burj Al Arab?
- the world's largest mall, featuring over 700 stores
- the world's tallest building, measuring nearly 2,300 feet
- a seven-star hotel decorated in 22-karat gold
Some trace Dubai's rise to global prominence back to Sheik Mohammed founding:
- an international chain of restaurants
- an airline
- a professional soccer club
What percentage of American stock exchange NASDAQ does Dubai own?
- less than 1 percent
- 20 percent
- 40 percent
A typical "national" man in Dubai is usually dressed in:
- military fatigues
- black long-sleeved robes
- white long-sleeved robes
What percentage of Dubai residents are UAE citizens?
- about 10 percent
- about 25 percent
- about 40 percent
What sport is played on the Dubai World Cup Day, an annual Dubai event with $21 million in prizes?
- auto racing
- horse racing
Migrant laborers compose what percentage of Dubai's population?
- 20 percent
- 60 percent
- 85 percent
The "dark side of Dubai" refers to:
- the involuntary servitude of many migrant laborers and commercial sexual exploitation of women
- the environmental catastrophe that has resulted from building many skyscrapers
- the religious and ethnic conflicts that produce outbreaks of violence in the region occasionally