Amulet of Quizzening +3 — The Dungeons & Dragons Quiz
Dungeons & Dragons players have been taking on the roles of mighty heroes on magical quests for more than 40 years. Level up your D&D knowledge with this Dungeons & Dragons quiz.
What is another name for dark elves?
What does THAC0 stand for?
- to hit armor class zero
- true heroes always crit orcs
- table hierarchy adjustment core zero
The campaign setting the Forgotten Realms depicts adventures occurring mainly on which fictional continent?
The two people credited with creating Dungeons & Dragons are Dave Arneson and …
- Gary Gygax
- Michael Moorcock
- Johann Christian Ludwig Hellwig
In most editions of D&D, the barbarian class has a unique ability that lets them inflict extra damage. What is that ability called?
What is the name of the massive dungeon complex that exists beneath the city of Waterdeep?
What was unique about the AD&D 2nd Edition Monstrous Compendium?
- All of the monster images were photos of painted miniatures.
- It was only released digitally, as a CD-ROM.
- The books were three-ring binders that allowed players to add additional monster pages as they were released.
The five main classes (not counting sub-classes) in 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons were Cleric, Fighter, Magic-User, Thief and …
The measure of a character's current health in D&D is called what?
- hit points
- armor class
There are two main types of dragons, metallic and …
What 9th level spell, which has appeared in every edition of D&D, allows magic-users to do pretty much anything?
What classic D&D monster terrified players not because it might kill their characters, but because it would destroy their equipment?
- rust monster
- hook horror
- blue dragon
What is the only way to permanently kill a troll?
- trick it into staying out in the sun
- cast Remove Curse
- finish it off with fire or acid
What realm does Strahd von Zarovich rule over?
What is a gazebo?
- an aberration from the outer planes with a deadly gaze attack
- an open-sided outdoor pavilion
- a type of polearm with a curved blade and hook
What company published D&D from the game's creation until it was purchased by Wizards of the Coast in 1997?
- Games Workshop
STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA. What's missing?
A wizard is basically useless without…
- a spellbook
- a pointy hat
- an entourage
The heaviest, most protective type of armor in D&D is…
- full plate
What is another name for a mind-flayer?
How do clerics get their spells?
- by doing elaborate ritual dances
- clerics can only read spells from scrolls
- by praying to a deity of some kind
What wizard is known for creating a variety of spells involving illusory hands and fists?
What was the name of the miniature war game that D&D grew out of?
- Axis & Allies
Which of these seemingly unpronounceable names is an actual D&D demon lord?
Which D&D module introduced science-fiction elements to the game?
- "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks"
- "The Temple of Elemental Evil"
- "In Search of the Unknown"
What alignment is a character who doesn't care for rules or regulations, but tries to help others and do the right thing?
- True Neutral
What monster has multiple eyes, each of which can cast a different spell effect at enemies?
- shambling mound
- black pudding
What is the name of the five-headed dragon (who is also a demon) that is a frequent D&D archvillain?
- The Iron Duke
A monster hits you with a magical attack. To avoid some of the effects, you might have to make a…
- knowledge (monsters) check
- saving throw
What is the most basic method for generating a D&D character's ability score?
- divide 90 points among the six abilities however you want
- roll a d20 and subtract two
- roll 3d6 and add them together