Electricity! Little electrons, running around, making things light up, getting up to all kinds of wacky hijinks. Test your knowledge on the flow of electric charge with this quiz.
AC/DC - it's not just a band. What do these abbreviation stand for?
- alternating current, direct current
- analog current, digital current
- apple strudel current, doughnut current
What was the late-19th-century "War of Currents" about?
- which way the Gulf Stream really flows
- whether diesel generators or steam turbines are better
- whether electricity should be distributed as AC or DC
Which of these inventions is Thomas Edison not associated with?
- movie camera
- ice cream cone
Why is an electric eel's name kind of wrong?
- It can't make electricity.
- It's not really an eel.
- all of the above
What does a transformer do to electrical cuttent? (Not a Transformer. A transformer.)
- change its voltage
- turns electricity into power
- add more watts
Where does most electricity in the United States come from?
- fossil fuels
- nuclear power
- wind turbines
How do power station generators work?
- A magnet on a shaft spins around.
- A chemical reaction creates electron flow.
- It's definitely got something to do with elves.
What is the name of the song to which the line dance the "electric slide" is performed?
- "Electric Slide"
- "Electric Boogie"
- "Oh My, Is That The Time? I Really Must Be Going"
- "It's Electric"