How many jobs have you had? Do you know the difference between networking and career branding? See if you have the skills to ace the Ultimate Employment Quiz. If not, we're telling your boss.
Which of the following best describes baby boomers who want to leave the corporate jobs they hate to rediscover their career passion?
- third agers
- true believers
- new agers
- the unemployed
In the world of employment, what are "assessments"?
- the interview process
- tests a person takes to gauge their career interests
- career goals
- the relationship between you and your boss
What is meant by career branding?
- achievements you have had in your career
- showcasing the differences between a job-seekers and everyone else
- effective cover letters
- tests that ask you a series of questions to provide you with a career direction
How many times will a person change jobs during their lifetime?
- 2 times
- 3 to 5 times
- 5 to 6
- 10 times
What’s a "cold call"?
- phone interview
- approaching an employer who has not publically announced any job openings
- a response to a help wanted ad
- a phone interview that did not go well
Which term best describes the collection of beliefs, expectations and values shared by a company's members and transmitted from one generation of employees to another?
- corporate malfeasance
- company beliefs
- corporate culture
- corporate responsibility
What does "CV" stand for?
- carte de viste
- Corporate Viability
- Curriculum Vitae
- company visualization
Who first coined the term "dress for success"?
- Ronald Reagan
- John Molloy
- John D. Rockefeller
- Dr. Benjamin Spock
Someone who starts and runs his or her own business is often referred to as a what?
What is the correct definition of franchising?
- legal and ethical relationship between an employee and employer
- financial relationship between an company and its stockholders
- legal relationship between business and government
- commercial and legal relationship between the owner of a trademark or brand name, and an individual or organization
What do green-collar jobs refer to?
- positions in renewable-energy or energy-efficient industries
- Kermit the Frog's personal assistant
- positions within the corporate hierarchy
- positions financed by tax dollars
Which of the following is one of the best ways of gaining experience in a particular field while in college?
- on-the-job training
- being an apprentice
Which unit of a company will often conduct screening interviews with job applicants?
- public relations
- legal department
- janitorial services
- human resources
Executive recruiters are also known as what?
What is a "letter of agreement"?
- a brief letter announcing a government contract
- a brief letter announcing corporate-wide restructuring
- a brief letter outlining the conditions of employment
- a brief letter between the courts and a company written during bankruptcy proceedings
Which of the following people would be well-suited to writing a letter of recommendation during a job search?
- former boss
- your mother
- eight-grade teacher
What is a "mentor"?
- person at a higher level within a company or profession that guides another person’s career
- person who guides a team of employees
- person who undermines other workers for their own benefit
- person who bucks the corporate system to do what's right
When you work multiple jobs you are also doing what?
- in need of a life
- trying to make ends meet
Which of the following statements bests describes "networking"?
- Facebook friends
- list of people met through various social and professional functions that can assist a person in looking for a job
- the ability to move from job to job
- the ability to motivate not only workers on your corporate team, but also those in other areas of the company
Why would a person in their 20s develop a "quarter-life crisis"?
- They have fears and self-doubt about achieving career and personal goals.
- They have fears and doubts about when the next happy hour will be.
- They have fears and doubts about their personal relationships.
- They have fears and doubts about their skill sets.