You've probably been living under a rock if you haven't realized how unhealthy fast food can be, but do you know exactly how many calories were in that Double Six Dollar Burger you just ate? Find out that number and lots more in our fast food quiz.
Where is the busiest McDonald's in the world?
In the 2004 film "Super Size Me," Morgan Spurlock eats all of his meals at McDonald's for a month. How much weight did he gain?
- 12 pounds (5.4 kilograms)
- 24 pounds (10.8 kilograms)
- 36 pounds (16.3 kilograms)
According to Eric Schlosser's book "Fast Food Nation," which of the following statements is true about the fast food industry?
- American teenagers drink 10 times more soda now than they did in the 1970s.
- Burger King has opened franchises in 20 school districts around the United States.
- One out of every eight workers in the United States has worked at McDonald's at some point.
Which fast food chain was behind the infamous "Where's the Beef?" ad campaign in 1984?
- Burger King
In May 2009, Oprah Winfrey caused overwhelming demand at this chain when she put coupons for free meals on her Web site.
In 2005, what burger chain ran ads featuring a scantily clad Paris Hilton rolling around on the hood of a car?
- In-N-Out Burger
- Carl's Jr.
What's the unhealthiest burger in America, according to Men's Health magazine?
- the Baconator from Wendy's
- the Double Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr.
- the Monster Thickburger from Hardee's
So, what makes the Double Six Dollar Burger so big on calories?
- a full pound (0.45 kilograms) of beef and three slices of American cheese
- a half pound of beef (0.22 kilograms) and six slices of bacon
- a half pound of beef (0.22 kilograms), three slices of bacon and a special sauce
According to Health magazine, what's the healthiest fast food chain in the United States?
- Panera Bread
- Jason's Deli
In 1993, Burger King launched an initiative called "Operation Phoenix" to boost its market share. What did Operation Phoenix entail?
- healthy items like baked potatoes and salads
- a dastardly plot to steal the secret recipe for Big Mac sauce
- a new set of value menus
How many McDonald’s restaurants are located around the world?
Who is the founder of Chick-Fil-A?
- Ray Kroc
- Truett Cathy
- Peter Buck
Which restaurant is the home of the original small, square hamburger?
- White Castle
How many ingredients were included in the Big Mac?
What percentage of all American restaurants are pizzerias?
- 35 percent
- 23 percent
- 17 percent
Which fast-food restaurant founder was the most visible, by being featured in television commercials and becoming the face of the franchise?
- Dave Thomas -- Wendy’s
- Ray Kroc -- McDonald's
- Glen Bell -- Taco Bell
How many pounds is the $350 bacon cheeseburger featured at Mallie’s Sports Grill and Bar in Detroit, Michigan?
- 250 lbs (113 kilograms)
- 145 lbs (66 kilograms)
- 134 lbs (61 kilograms)
What is the most used flavor enhancer in fast foods?
Which of the following McDonald’s menu items have 1,320 calories?
Which of the following is the most common pizza topping?