This flooring quiz will test your knowledge of flooring options and installation. Test yourself with the flooring quiz.
Which is not an advantage of solid hardwood floors?
- They're durable and easy to care for.
- They're sensitive to moisture.
- They add real value to a home.
- They're simple, yet decorative.
Which is not true of laminate floors?
- They're an affordable alternative to hardwood flooring.
- They're topped with a plastic photograph of natural wood.
- The floorboards can easily be removed and replaced.
- They consist of several layers of solid wood bonded together.
Which is not true of ceramic tile?
- Properly installed, it will out-perform and outlast almost any other floor-covering product.
- It does not retain odors, allergens or bacteria.
- It will not break or chip.
- It doesn't burn or emit toxic fumes.
Which is not true of natural stone tile?
- It can be cleaned with common household cleaners.
- No two tiles look alike.
- Its porous surface can absorb water and stains.
- It's more expensive than ceramic tile.
Vinyl is the same as linoleum flooring.
Which is not considered resilient flooring?
Which is not an advantage of carpet?
- It's easier on your feet, knees and legs.
- It can absorb odor.
- It can hide many subfloor irregularities.
- It's economical, and the installation costs are low.
Which is not among the most-popular-selling carpets?
- Textured-cut pile saxonies
Which traditional type of area rug is considered the best investment?
Which rug fiber is not considered natural?