The Ultimate Fluoride Facts Quiz
The effects of fluoride are hotly debated. But what do you know about fluoride and the real facts behind the debate? Find out with this quiz.
What is fluoride?
- A mineral
- A toothpaste
- An element on the periodic table
Where was fluoride first added to community drinking water?
- United States
What is one symptom of dental fluorosis?
- Stained or mottled teeth.
- Teeth grow in odd places on your body
When should children begin using fluoride toothpaste?
- Six months
- Six years
- Two years
What percentage of the United States population has optimally fluoridated water?
- 32 percent
- 72 percent
- 98 percent
Where is fluoride present?
- Delicious snacks
- Water, delicious snacks, and pretty much anywhere else.
How can fluoride be removed from water?
- Just boil your water, like at camp!
- A reverse-osmosis or distillation filter is required.
- A common at-home water filter will do the trick.
What major medical group opposes fluoridiation?
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- No major medical group opposes fluoridation.
When ingested at high levels over a long period, what harm does fluoride present?
- A dangerously beautiful smile.
- Fluoride has not been shown to cause any health issues.
- Bending of the limbs and bones.
When does exposure to fluoride most likely lead to dental fluorosis?
- Old age.
- After all mature teeth have already grown in.
- Before the age of six, when mature teeth have yet to grow in.