These days there are a range of glues available. Different glues are better for specific materials and purposes. Choosing the right glue will help a quick fix last longer. See how much you know about different glues by taking this quiz.
What sort of materials is PVA glue good for?
Which of the following is a characteristic of an epoxy?
- They are not water resistant.
- They are very strong.
- They are cheap.
Cyanoacrylate is a multi-purpose glue which is commonly known as:
- hard glue
- super glue
What is the problem with contact cement?
- It has a short-shelf life.
- It cannot be repositioned once surfaces make contact.
- It takes a long time to dry.
To what temperature can glue gun adhesive be heated?
- 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38C)
- 150 degrees Fahrenheit
- 200 degrees Fahrenheit
Which type of glue is very similar to yellow glue?
- white glue
- household cement
Why is plastic resin glue not recommended for use on outdoor furniture?
- It is not water resistant.
- It is not waterproof.
- It melts in the sun.
What affects the time it takes for resorcinol glue to dry?
- the amount of glue applied
- the type of materials that have been glued
- the area temperature
When selecting a silicone rubber adhesive to use on glass or ceramics, what do you need to look for?
- a quality rating
- a silicone adhesive specifically for glass and china
- a silicone that is water resistant
Where would you use steel epoxy glue?
- patching up gutters
- gluing a wooden chair together
- binding a book
Steel putty is a metal putty that consists of two putties of different consistencies that are _____ together.
What advantage does plastic metal cement offer?
- moisture resistance
- extreme temperature endurance
Why may it be difficult to glue plastics?
- They do not stick well.
- Adhesives can dissolve plastics.
- Plastics become brittle when glued.
Model cement is used for gluing plastics. What color is model cement when dry?
How is acrylic solvent applied to plastics?
- in spray form
- with a brush
- with a syringe