Hair. Everyone has it, but it seems like most of us (well, the women, anyway) are constantly struggling with it. Perhaps some of the hair care tips in this quiz will help you deal with your unruly locks.
How much does the average person's hair grow every month?
- one-eighth to one-quarter inch (3.1 millimeters to 6.2 millimeters)
- one-quarter to a half inch (6.3 millimeters to 12.7 millimeters)
- a half inch to an inch (12.7 millimeters to 25.4 millimeters)
Foods rich in vitamins A and C, like broccoli and spinach, give your hair a boost of what natural hair conditioner?
What percentage of American women color their hair?
- 45 percent
- 65 percent
- 85 percent
The hair on your head doesn't stay there forever. About how long does each hair live on your scalp before it falls out?
- a year
- three years
- six years
Is it better to braid your hair or put it in a ponytail when it's wet or dry?
Should you spend a little extra money on a hair brush, or are they all the same?
- Go ahead and splurge.
- Just get a cheaper one.
- You're actually better off not brushing your hair at all.
If you wear your hair in a tight style for long periods of time, what hair condition could you end up with?
- traction alopecia
If you have serious hair damage caused by tight styling or overprocessing, what should you do?
- Use heavy conditioners.
- Wear a head scarf.
- Cut your hair off.
If you have oily hair, what's one thing you can do in the shower that might help?
- Don't scrub the shampoo into your scalp.
- Leave the shampoo on your scalp for a few minutes.
- Don't use conditioner.
Is it safe to color your hair if you're pregnant?
- after the first trimester