The Ultimate Home Decorating Tips Quiz
Home decorating tips can help you make good choices for the dÃƒÂ©cor of your home. Take this quiz and find out how many home decorating tips you know.
What are the three primary colors?
- orange, green and purple
- red, yellow and blue
- white, brown and black
For extra zing when decorating, use complimentary color combinations. What are complimentary colors?
- red and green
- red and orange
- green and blue
What type of new home allows home buyers the least amount of home design choices?
What is a good way to unify the décor of several rooms?
- Paint rooms the same color.
- Paint rooms with different shades of a common color.
- Both answers are correct.
Which is more important when decorating, the look of a room or the usability of a room?
If choosing a coffee table with function in mind, what is a good surface for withstanding beverage rings?
- antique wood
- laminated surfaces
How can you instill life into old floor tiles?
If using a contractor, how many bids should you get?
Is there a limit to how much you should spend on home upgrades?
- The sky is the limit.
- Maintain the market value price range of other homes in the area.
- A general rule is 20% of market value.
What work requires a licensed architect or designer/builder?
- tile work
- structural work
What draws and holds your attention in a room?
- focal point
- bright colors
- large pieces
How far apart should you position sofas and chairs?
- three feet
- five feet
- eight feet
What décor tip can make a bathroom seem more spa-like?
- lots of glass
- plush towels
- white paint
Which color is timeless and goes with any style?
Exposed ceiling beams are what décor style?
What is the most welcoming of lighting?
- natural lighting
- candle light
How much light do rooms need?
- 100 watts for every 50 square feet.
- 200 watts for every 10 square feet.
- 200 watts for every 50 square feet.
What happens to your eyes as you age?
- They need less light.
- They need the same light.
- They need brighter light.
How much wattage can you use in light fixtures?
- Go as high as you like.
- The maximum is 100 watts.
- You should follow the manufacturer's recommendation.
What floor plan facilitates entertaining?
- small and separate living spaces
- an open living room and dining room combo
- a separate living room and eat-in kitchen