Your home should be your safe haven, not a place where you have to worry about burglary and break-ins. Take this quiz to see if your home is up to snuff.
You should keep your shrubs and bushes:
- Blocking windows for privacy
- Trimmed below window level
- No shrubs and bushes whatsoever
How does a locking mailbox work?
- You and the mailman have a key
- You have the key and the mailman uses a slot
- You have to let the mailman into the mailbox
Which door is a burglar most likely to use to break into your home?
- Back door
- Front door
- Garage door
Where is the best place to leave a spare key?
- In a hide-a-key rock
- under the doormat
- with a neighbor
When you're on vacation, how should you leave your blinds?
- In their normal position
- At half mast
What is the smallest screw size that should be used to secure a dead bolt lock?
What information should your mailbox contain?
- House number
- Last name
What is the safest kind of glass for your windows?
- Laminated glass
- Tempered glass
- Milk glass
Which windows are the least safe for your home?
- Double Hung
You should always leave the following information on your answering machine:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- You should keep the volume turned down so no one can hear any of the information.