Quiz: How To Be A Super Saver Mom
Being a mom is a full-time job, and the pay is terrible. Quiz yourself to see how you stack up as a super-saver mom.
Which meal best fits the description of a super-saver mom speciality?
- An entire roasted chicken.
- A big chef salad.
- Frozen burritos.
What lunch-time strategy will save your family the most money?
- Buying only school lunches.
- Taking homemade sandwhiches to school everyday.
- Bringing lunches in a reusable bag.
When is the only time your kid really needs a professional haircut?
- When they get gum stuck in the hair.
- They are starring on "Toddlers and Tiaras."
- After the age of eight, when their boundless ego develops.
What kind of deals can you find on sites and blogs geared towards moms?
- Tips about how to save money.
- Coupons. Thousands and thousands of coupons.
What's an effective way to get free products online?
- Write strongly-worded emails to companies demanding replacement products for something you never bought.
- Fill out surveys.
- Visit sites like couponmom.com or freebies4mom.com to clue you in to free samples offered around the internet.
What is a drawback of extreme couponing?
- Paper cuts.
- People at the checkstand hate you for taking so long.
- You're run the risk of buying items just for the sake of saving money.
Does buying in bulk save money?
- Yes, bulk is designed to save money on virtually any purchase.
- Sometimes, depends on the items or place.
- No, it's just a scam to buy fourteen pounds of peanut butter at a time.
How can location affect your bulk store prices?
- If the area is dense with more grocery stores, prices will reflect more competition.
- Bigger cities has lower prices.
- Smaller cities or rural areas have lower prices.
What is a pitfall of buying in bulk?
- Worse quality.
- There is no pitfall, besides feeling smug for saving money.
- Expensive and excessive impulse buys.
What's a strategy for couponing that doesn't require you to be extreme?
- Using all the coupons from the store circulars.
- Only using coupons that are two for one deals.
- Use coupons on items that you would normally buy, and avoid buying just because there's a coupon.
What is one way to get good weekly grocery deals?
- Plan all meals before your shoppping trip, and sticking to it at the store.
- Don't plan anything before your shopping trip, to get the best deal that's there.
What's a new way to coupon without as much hassle?
- Texting coupons to your friends.
- Loading coupons to your grocery card, online.
- Collecting all the newspapers from your block and stealing the coupons.
With the struggling economy, what's a new development in the big box store business model?
- Selling fresh produce.
- Haggling or bargaining a price.
- Giving stuff away for free.
If you're going to haggle, what should you do to get the best results?
- Smile a lot.
- Only ask for discounts on televisions.
- Come prepared with research.
How do stores like TJ Maxx and Ross stay competitive?
- They aren't really; they cost just as much as a department store.
- They buy second-hand clothes.
- They buy from designers and department stores with overstock.
What holiday is the best shopping time?
- Fourth of July.
What elementary skill might save you loads at the cashier?
- Tying your shoes tightly so you don't trip when you're running for a sale.
- Doing easy math in your head.
- Make sure you can read an analog clock, because they might be the only ones in the store.
What online tool can help save your family money?
- Budget-tracking tools.
How can you make your back to school shopping cheaper?
- Join a rewards program with a store like Office Depot or Staples.
- Only give your kids paper collected from recycling bins on your block.
- Just avoid it. The teacher will give 'em pencils.
When is the best time to go holiday shopping?
- November 24.