Dollars and Sense: Investing Challenge
Do you know the ins and outs of investing and managing your retirement plan? Take the Investing Quiz and find out!
What kinds of companies typically sell over-the-counter (OTC) stocks?
- smaller, riskier companies
- bigger, safer companies
- drug companies
Which of the following refers to a particular exchange where investors can buy and sell stock?
- the Dow
- neither of the above
What do you call a market experiencing declining stock prices and higher unemployment?
- a bull market
- a bear market
- a black market
What does "load" refer to in terms of mutual funds?
- the percentage of your investments are considered low-yield and low-risk
- the percentage of your investments are considered risky or "junk"
- the sales charges added to a mutual fund when you purchase it
Which of the following plans doesn't involve paying taxes upon withdrawal of the funds?
- Roth IRA
- traditional IRA
Bonds are essentially:
- a share of ownership in a company
- a loan to a company
- both of the above
When must you start withdrawing funds with a traditional IRA?
- by age 59.5
- by age 70.5
- never -- there is no requirement.
What is the most popular precious metal to invest in?
In the 1980s, what did companies use to fund hostile takeovers?
- junk bonds
- pump and dump schemes
- stock fraud
A popular investment scam that entails paying initial investors with the funds provided by later investors is called what?
- promissory note scam
- prime bank scam
- Ponzi scheme