Java is a popular programming language that's relatively easy to use. Are you a programming guru or a novice? Take our quiz to find out.
Let’s start with an easy one! What is Java?
- a strong cup of Joe
- computer programming language
- an energy corporation
What is the Java development environment?
- Sun Microsystems headquarters
- a customized, partitioned hard drive
- a software development kit
What is an applet?
- a small apple
- a simple computer application
- a Java-specific program
When programming in Java, which of the following must you keep in mind?
- Java can handle parentheses, but not brackets
- Java doesn't recognize spaces
- case matters
What's the extension for a compiled Java file?
What kind of programming language is Java?
- an object-oriented programming language
- an array programming language
- a logic programming language
What's another word for the programming term "method"?
What's the common term for an error within a computer program's code that prevents it from functioning properly?
What's another name for an execution error?
- run-time error
- noncompile error
What is a variable?
- an unpredictable element in a Java program
- a program that can run fast or slow depending on user input
- a way to hold data temporarily in a program
What is the name for an application that changes a human-readable programming language into a machine-readable language?
The act of removing bugs is called:
Which of the following is NOT a type of variable in Java?
- simple variables
About how much time is devoted to debugging while programming?
- about 50 percent of the time of programming
- about 10 percent of the time of programming
- about 25 percent of the time of programming
Which of the following simple computer programs is needed in order to write a computer program?
Which of the following is NOT an example of another computer programming language?
What other programming language do you need to be familiar with to view your Java program?
Those EXE files on your computer contain machine-readable programs translated from human-readable programs called what?
What is it called when the code is written to perform repetitive operations?
What function does the semicolon serve in the Java programming language?
- A page break.
- It acts like the period at the end of the sentence.
- It isn’t recognized.