The Ultimate Kids Bathroom Decorating Quiz
Decorating a child's bathroom is an adventure in care and creativity. Take this quiz and find out how you can turn a utilitarian space into a utopian place.
In a kid's bathroom, what kind of paint should you choose?
- bright and colorful
- muted and subdued
- pale and neutral
What is the most important characteristic of a bath rug in a kid's bathroom?
Which of the following is not a safety feature?
- a sturdy, low step stool
- a shatterproof drinking cup
- sharp edges on the sink counter
How should you install a grab bar in a bath or shower?
- Screw it into a wall stud.
- Hang it like a towel rack.
- Glue it onto the tiling.
What does an antiscald device do?
- It prevents burns from a light fixture.
- It prevents burns from hot water.
- It prevents burns from the radiator.
What item can you use to make a safe and novel hook?
- a toothbrush
- a clothes hanger
- a paper clip
On wall tiles, which of the following is not a recommended feature for a stick-on accent?
What kind of paint should you use to stencil onto wall tile?
- china paint
- acrylic paint
- water paint
What is the advantage of having a child-sized bathroom suite?
- It's less expensive because it's smaller.
- It's easier to clean because it's smaller.
- It's safer and more comfortable for kids to use.
In a child-size bathroom suite, why should all the fixtures have conventionally sized plumbing?
- So you can switch them to normal size when the child gets older.
- So the child will know how to use them.
- So you can install the suite yourself.
With a child-size bathtub, what is an inviolable rule?
- Never let the water get too cold.
- Never leave a ring around the bathtub.
- Never leave a child unattended even for a second.
Why should you not install a TV over the bathtub?
- The kids won't want to get out of the tub.
- It's a safety hazard.
- The remote control could get stuck in the drain.
What is the advantage of using tempered glass over regular glass in the bathroom?
- Tempered glass doesn't shatter.
- Tempered glass is less expensive.
- Tempered glass has a more serene effect.
How much space should you leave for doors or cabinet drawers to open freely?
- one foot
- two feet
- three feet
What is the advantage of using removable accessories in a kid's bathroom?
- You can upgrade them easily when the kids get older.
- The kids can take them off if they don't like them.
- They are easier to clean.
Which of the following is a good element to have in a bathroom?
- porcelain tile
If you are planning to use natural stone or hardwood in the bathroom, what should you do first?
- Check prices.
- Make sure the colors match.
- Have them sealed properly.
What is the best type of wood to use in the bathroom?
In terms of the environment, what are VOCs?
- volatile organic compounds
- very old compounds
- virally oxidized compounds
Why are halogen light bulbs a good choice?
- They go on and off by themselves.
- They are not hot to the touch.
- They simulate sunlight.