The Ultimate Kids Room Decorating Quiz
Want to decorate your kidsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ rooms? Take our quiz and learn how to decorate the ultimate kid's bedroom for your little prince or princess.
What is the first and foremost factor to take into consideration when decorating your kid's room?
- sex of your child
- age of your child
To prevent your little pride and joy from going bungee jumping, how many inches below the guardrails should the mattress on a top bunk bed be?
- two inches
- five inches
- seven inches
How far apart should a crib's slats be?
- no more than 2 1/8 inches apart
- no more than 3 inches apart
- no more than 4 1/4 inches apart
Where is the best place to store diapering supplies and spare clothes?
- high up, far away from junior's reach
- in drawers below the changing table
- in an open place within arm's reach of the changing table
If I want to create a cool and relaxing atmosphere for my overworked and overstressed child, what are the best paint colors to choose?
- beige, brown and gray
- blue-violet, blue and blue-green
- yellow orange, yellow and yellow-green
Ranging from the largest amount to the smallest amount, in what amounts should paint colors be used?
- light, medium, dark
- medium, light, dark
- dark, medium, light
Help! My child wants his room decorated in dramatic colors. How can I make sure I won't need a blindfold every time I enter my child's bedroom?
- You may have to radically change your definition of visually appealing.
- Paint the room in lighter versions of their chosen colors, and purchase furniture and accessories in the dramatic colors they like.
- Choose colors on opposing sides of the color wheel so that they will complement one and other.
My child's room looks like a bowling alley. How can I make it appear wider?
- Paint the room in light colors.
- Have one feature wall painted in a bright color to focus attention away from the room's size.
- Paint or wallpaper the narrow end walls with horizontal stripes.
How often should you replace a mattress?
- every five years
- every 10 years
- every 20 years
What is a captain's bed?
- similar to a trundle bed, but with storage drawers underneath
- another word for a bunk bed
- a double bed
How can I make it easier for my child to keep his room neat?
- Decorate the room according to your child's taste -- this will be an incentive for them to be "house proud."
- Make sure all the shelves, rails and drawers are at a child's eye level.
- Install hooks and pegs instead of hanging rails and have a lot of open storage spaces.
What is a good choice of desk for a child who uses the computer extensively for homework?
- a standard writing table
- a computer table that features a lower work surface and a wrist rest
- the dining room table
Safety alert. The walls in my child's room are painted in a lead-based paint. What is the safest way to deal with it when redecorating?
- Strip it off.
- Paint over it.
- Have the rooms with lead-base painted walls fumigated with a lead detoxifying spray.
What is the best tool to use when painting woodwork and rough textured surfaces?
- a roller
- a flat brush
- a spray can
When painting with a roller, how much paint should you fill the roller with?
- 1/4 inch
- 1/2 inch
- one inch
I am attempting to paint my kid's bedroom! In what direction should I be painting?
- always following the grain
What should a decoupage mixture be made out of?
- one part water and one part glue
- two parts water to one part glue
- two parts glue to one part water
When cutting wallpaper, how can I ensure a smooth cut?
- It is difficult to cut it smoothly; better rely on precut strips.
- Use a utility knife and avoid lifting the knife blade.
- Using a ruler, draw a straight pencil line and follow it.
How many people does it take to wallpaper a wall?
What are the ideal materials for a rug in a child's room?
- synthetic materials
- sisal and wool
- nylon, olefin, wool or cotton