Loading ramps are simple objects that make loading and unloading trailers much easier. Test you knowledge on loading ramps with this quiz.
Which type of vehicle is most likely to tip over backwards while going up a loading ramp?
- Vehicle with a low center of gravity
- Vehicle with a high center of gravity
- Wide vehicle
- Narrow vehicle
Which kinds of vehicles should be driven up loading ramps backwards?
- Slow vehicles
- 2-wheeled vehicles
- 4-wheeled vehicles
- Vehicles with rear-wheel drive
What’s the simplest safe way to decrease the angle of the loading ramp?
- Stack boxes at the base of the ramp
- Connect two ramps together
- Remove the trailer's wheels
- Park the trailer at the edge of a tall curb
Loading ramps are essentially what?
- Inclined planes
What is not a safety concern with using loading ramps?
- Tipping over backwards
- Falling sideways off the ramp
- The ramp coming loose
What is a common attribute of loading ramps?
- Very lightweight
Heavy objects and spinning vehicle tires present safety concerns when loading ramps are what?
- Somewhat steep
- Very long
- Improperly secured
You should never drive a vehicle up a loading ramp that is what?
- Stainless steel
When should one or more links be removed from the loading ramp’s safety chains?
- When the ramp is too long
- When the ramp is foldable
- When the ramp is sagging
- When the ramp is wet
Loading ramps help make moving heavy objects a lot easier on what?
- Your wallet
- Your trailer
- Your vehicle
- Your back