What a Lovely Day: The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Quiz
In George Miller's 2015 "Mad Max" sequel, Max must escape a ghastly overlord named Immortan Joe. Test your knowledge of the post-apocalyptic badlands with this "Mad Max: Fury Road" quiz.
Charlize Theron plays one of Immortan Joe's lieutenants. What is her character's name?
- Imperator Furiosa
- Imperator Ignitatrix
- Road Warrior Hawk
What is Max's last name?
What do the War Boys think will happen to them if they die in glorious battle?
- They'll be released from the pain of their horrible world.
- They'll ascend to heaven, an open road where they can drive forever.
- They'll reach Valhalla where they'll live every day fighting glorious battles.
The Doof Warrior inspires his fellow War Boys in battle by playing what kind of musical instrument?
- an electric guitar that shoots flames
- a grand piano with a V-8 engine
- a drum kit with five bass drums
What is the name of the clan Max and Furiosa seek help from at the end of their journey?
- the Vuvalini
- the Scorpion Clan
- Clan MacLeod
Who says, "If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the fury road!"
Where did Furiosa come from?
- She was one of Immortan Joe's slave wives.
- She was part of the Vuvalini clan kidnapped by Joe's raiders.
- She was a wanderer in the wastelands like Max.
Immortan Joe needs a certain apparatus to stay alive. What is it?
- an electrical generator to keep his brain functioning
- a respirator to help his damaged lungs
- an external pump to keep his blood flowing
Imperator Furiosa has an obvious physical distinction that's never mentioned in the movie. What is it?
- One eye is blue, and the other is brown.
- She has metal spikes embedded in her forehead.
- She has a prosthetic arm.
What do the War Boys do when they proclaim themselves, "shiny and chrome"?
- spray their mouths with chrome paint
- put on goggles with silver-coated lenses
- inject a silver fluid into their veins
The War Boys keep Max alive because there's something special about him. What is it?
- He's a universal donor — his blood can be transfused into anyone.
- He has the location of a huge ammo storage facility implanted in his memories.
- The tattoo on his back is a map to a water-rich oasis.
Why are so many of the War Boys weak and sickly without blood transfusions?
- They lose a lot of their own blood in their nightly cage fights.
- Their bodies are riddled with cancerous tumors.
- Immortan Joe doesn’t feed them enough to keep them healthy.
Who are Larry and Barry?
- Immortan Joe's sons
- Nux's neck tumors
- Furiosa's favorite guns
Immortan Joe exhorts the crowd to avoid becoming addicted to what?
What is the name of Mad Max's V-8 Ford Falcon?
- the Interceptor
- Steel Tom
The Bullet Farmer drives a car called the Peacemaker, a Chrysler Valiant Charger mated to a …
- Chevy pickup truck
- turbojet engine from an F-16
Why does Immortan Joe keep the five women that escape from him locked up?
- They have secret knowledge that could undermine his authority.
- Their radioactive blood could poison the water supply.
- They're beautiful and unmarked by mutations or tumors, so he keeps them as wives to breed healthy children.
What do the Vuvalini bring with them wherever they go?
Where is Furiosa supposed to be headed when she steals the War Rig and escapes with the wives?
- the Bullet Farm
- the salt flats
What does Immortan Joe yell when something displeases him?
Who or what is Corpus Colossus?
- one of Immortan Joe's sons
- Nux's best friend
- the vehicle driven by the mayor of Gastown
Why does Immortan Joe want to recover Angharad more than any of the other wives?
- She insulted him by calling him a "schlanger."
- Only she knows how to work the water pumps.
- She's pregnant with his child.
What happens to Max when they return to the Citadel with Immortan Joe's corpse?
- He is crowned the new lord of the Citadel.
- He disappears anonymously into the crowd.
- He is named an Imperator and pledges to serve Furiosa.
Which of the wives is killed when she falls from the War Rig?
What did Furiosa agree to trade to the motorcycle gang in return for safe passage through the canyon?
- a tank of guzzoline
- one of the wives
What device does Immortan Joe make the wives wear while in captivity?
- chastity belts
- explosive collars
- full suits of armor
Nux sacrifices his life to stop Immortan Joe by doing what?
- throwing himself in front of Furiosa and taking a bullet that would have killed her
- detonating a bomb while holding onto Joe
- wrecking the truck he's in and blocking the canyon exit
What is the name of Immortan Joe's vehicle, built from two 1959 Cadillac Coup de Villes?
- Pale Horse
- The Churchill
How is Furiosa injured?
- She breathes in too much exhaust while trying to repair the War Rig's engine.
- She's accidentally shot by Max during the battle in the canyon.
- She's stabbed by a War Boy.
What does Furiosa drive into to escape Immortan Joe's pursuit?
- a sandstorm
- an underground tunnel
- a swarm of locusts