Quiz: Can blogging make you rich?
Is your blog poised to make millions? Not if you fail our "How to Make Money Blogging" Quiz!
The word "blog" is a hybrid of what two words?
- "web" and "log"
- "web" and "logarithm"
- "bio" and "log"
True or false: Everyone who blogs makes money.
In 2007, how much did Perez Hilton's celebrity gossip blog receive per month in advertising revenue?
According to a survey by the technology Web site Technorati, what percentage of bloggers earned a salary in 2011?
- 1 percent
- 14 percent
- 85 percent
The 2011 Technorati survey suggests that 10 percent of bloggers were paid by the post. Half reported that they earned less than what amount per post?
Technorati identifies what four different types of bloggers?
- hobbyists, newscasters, journalists and entrepreneurs
- government officials, professionals, corporate bloggers and entertainers
- hobbyists, professionals, corporate bloggers and entrepreneurs
Of the four types of bloggers, which is the most common?
- corporate bloggers
True or false: Not all professional bloggers are full-time.
For what purpose do corporate bloggers typically use their blogs?
- solicit product ideas, post news stories and share client information
- share expertise, promote their brand and try to attract new clients
- share client information, advertise their competition and promote their brand
How are entrepreneur bloggers different from corporate bloggers?
- Entrepreneur bloggers write about their lives and interests.
- Entrepreneur bloggers are hired simply to maintain a company's blog.
- Entrepreneur bloggers actually manage the company or organization that they're promoting.
True or false: You should blog about a topic that you love.
Visitors to a blog are also referred to as what?
What is one of the most common ways bloggers can earn an income?
How can a blogger use an affiliate program in his or her blog?
- The blogger frequently visits the Web site of an affiliate program.
- The bloggers includes a link to an affiliate Web site within a blog post or on his or her page.
- The blogger models his or her blog after an affiliate program's Web site.
When using an advertising service like Google AdSense, how much compensation should a blogger expect from a single ad click?
- less than a penny
- 50 cents
What is it called when a company pays a blogger to write about its products on the blogger's personal Web page?
According to BlogPulse, how many blogs existed as of Nov. 13, 2011?
- 176 million
- 176 billion
True or false: Most successful bloggers begin making money immediately.
What is the typical compensation for a pay-per-post blog entry?
- $10 to $20
- $100 to $200
- $1,000 to $2,000
True or false: Most companies will pay you to blog even if you have little or no experience.