The Ultimate Marvel Movies and Shows Quiz
Marvel's superheroes leapt from comic book pages to blockbuster films and TV series. Test your mental strength with this HowStuffWorks quiz.
Howard Stark in "Agent Carter" is the father of which Marvel hero?
- Iron Man
- The Hulk
- Black Widow
The site of the charity gala where Vanessa is poisoned in "Daredevil" is said to be owned by someone named Van Lundt. What criminal organization does Van Lundt lead in the comic books?
- the Maggia
- the Zodiac
What makes the spider that bites Peter Parker in "Spider-Man" special?
- It's a genetically engineered super-spider.
- It's radioactive.
- It's from another dimension.
Who accidentally creates Ultron in "Avengers: Age of Ultron?"
- Baron Strucker
- Tony Stark and Bruce Banner
What is the name of the giant magical robot thing that Thor battles in "Thor"?
- the Destroyer
Who is the shadowy, crag-faced villain behind many of the events in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
- The Collector
When does Nick Fury first mention "the Avengers Initiative?"
- during a post-credits scene in "Iron Man"
- in the first episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
- when Thor's hammer is found in the desert
The character Claire Temple in "Daredevil" and "Jessica Jones" is largely based on what character from Marvel comics?
- Night Nurse
- Janet Van Dyne
- Ms. Marvel
What company does Victor Von Doom own in "Fantastic Four" (2005)?
- Von Doom Industries
- Advanced Robotics & Genomics
What is the full name of the villain Ronan from "Guardians of the Galaxy?"
- Ronan Starhunter
- Ronan the Accuser
- Ronanzidar IV
In "Ant-Man," Henry Pym is the inventor of the Ant-Man technology. Which costumed identities has Pym taken on in the comic books?
- Ant-Man II, Firefly, Hurricane
- Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket
- Dr. Science, the Wizard, the Hornet, Zephyr
Who helps Tony Stark build the first Iron Man armor in "Iron Man?"
- Obadiah Stane
- Henry Pym
- Professor Yinsen
On "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," people who are exposed to terrigen mist and develop superhuman abilities are known as…
In addition to superhuman strength, what superpower does Luke Cage have in the Netflix Marvel series?
- unbreakable skin
What is the home realm of the dark elves in the Thor movies?
- the Negative Zone
Sebastian Shaw is the leader of what club in "X-Men: First Class?"
- the Hellfire Club
- the Brotherhood
- math club
What turns Flint Marko into Sandman in "Spider-Man 3?"
- an alien hive entity that only looks like sand
- a bucket of enchanted sand
- an accident with a particle accelerator
The villain Killgrave in "Jessica Jones" never uses any other name, but he does in the comic books. What is his comic book codename?
- Purple Man
- Puppet Master
What is unique about the 1994 movie "Fantastic Four?"
- It's about a villain team calling themselves the Fantastic Four.
- It was never released.
- It was filmed entirely underwater.
In "Iron Man 3," the Mandarin's rings are purely decorative. What are they in the comic books?
- family heirlooms passed down from a race of ancient god-kings
- artifacts he recovered from a crashed alien ship
- elementals captured inside magic rings by a binding spell
What is Wilson Fisk?
- the good Samaritan
- the traveler
- the ill intent
What is the name of the senator pushing for the Mutant Registration Act in "X-Men?"
- Sen. Bolivar Trask
- Sen. Dave Douglas
- Sen. Robert Kelly
In "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer," who is the Surfer a servant of?
- the Kree
- Doctor Doom
The armor worn by James Rhodes is known as the Iron Patriot and what other name?
- War Machine
In "Blade," Blade is half-vampire, half-human. This allows him to do something full vampires can’t do. What is it?
- walk in full daylight
Who tries to kill the president at the beginning of "X2?"
Where do the Avengers fight off the Chitauri invasion?
- New York City
Whose mind is controlling a supercomputer in a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier?"
- Baron Zemo
- Arnim Zola
- Red Skull
Who makes a cameo appearance in almost every Marvel movie?
- Willie Lumpkin
- Stan Lee
- Joss Whedon
In "Iron Man," Obadiah Stane dies when his Iron Monger armor is deactivated, causing him to fall into a reactor. How does he die in the comics?
- He commits suicide.
- His damaged armor partially explodes, sending shrapnel into his heart.
- He overdoses on an experimental drug.