How well do you know the menstrual cycle? Test your knowledge about the menstrual cycle with this quiz.
Abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) is most likely to happen to women:
- between the ages of 40 and 50
- in their 20's
- who are past menopause
- women older than 80
These surgical options may be recommended if drug therapy fails:
- hysteroscopic treatment of anatomic abnormalities (such as polyps or fibroids)
- hysteroscopic endometrial ablation
- blind endometrial ablation
- any of the above
Which of the following is NOT a medical cause of AUB?
- ovulation problems
- coronary artery disease
- thyroid disorders
Which of the following is NOT considered a procedure used to diagnose AUB?
- endometrial biopsy
- diagnostic hysteroscopy
Which of the following surgical procedures is the only one that guarantees your bleeding problems will end completely?
- hysteroscopic endometrial ablation or endomyometrial resection
- ThermaChoiceÂ® Uterine Balloon Therapy