You've heard all about Miami -- sizzling temperatures, sizzling beaches, sizzling nightlife. The city is also a rich cultural mix of North American and South American cultures. Take our quiz and learn more about sizzling Miami.
How many visitors does Miami get a year?
- 3.2 million
- 5.8 million
- 9.5 million
Which architectural style does Miami boast?
- Art Deco
- Italian Renaissance
- International style
How much area does Greater Miami encompass?
- 1,892 square miles
- 2,042 square miles
- 3,620 square miles
What is Miami's population?
- two million
- three million
- five million
When is the peak tourist season?
What is the average temperature in Miami?
- between 60 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit (15 and 30 degrees Celsius)
- between 70 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit (21 and 35 degrees Celsius)
- between 80 and 105 degrees Fahrenheit (27 and 41 degrees Celsius)
What is the best advice when it comes to traveling around Miami?
- Hire a car.
- Get a map.
- Never use the public transport system.
What is the public transport system like?
- reliable and extensive
- unreliable and meager
How much does the Metromover cost?
- It is free of charge.
What is unique about the Everglades National Park?
- It is free of charge.
- It is the only subtropical nature reserve in North America.
- It is one of the oldest nature reserves in North America.
At what speeds are balls thrown in the Jai Alai game?
When did the Miami Performing Arts Center open?
How many types of mango are there at the Homestead's Fruit and Spice Park?
Which area is the first location to be listed as a 20th century district on the National Register of Historic Places?
- South Beach
- Miami Beach
- Evergreen Bay
How many gallons of water does Coral Gables' Venetian Pool contain?
When was the Spanish Monastery built?
- between 1133 and 1141
- between 1645 and 1650
When in Miami, how far away from a shopping district are you?
- never more than 15 minutes
- never more than 30 minutes
- never more than 45 minutes
If you want to celebrity watch, which hotel should you hang out at?
- Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Delano Hotel
Which Foundation is headquartered in Miami?
- United States Piping Foundation
- Chopin Foundation United States
- Electronic Music Foundation
What is the best way to experience the ethnic diversity that characterizes Miami?
- Take a tour of the small neighborhoods.
- Sample the range of ethnic cuisine available.
- People watch by the beach; you'll see all types.