The digital age has ushered in a new era of convenience, including the way we access our bank accounts. But do you know how to keep your money safe? Take our quiz and find out!
What's the term that describes using phishing techniques through text messages?
- spear phishing
Which of the following is generally the safest way to use mobile banking?
- text message
- mobile Web browsing
- bank app
What is spoofing?
- the act of creating a fake Web page designed to look like an official bank page
- the act of sniffing data packets across a wireless network
- the act of installing a digital backdoor to your mobile device so hackers can access it
What kind of program records the information you enter onto a smartphone?
- data sniffer
- rainbow tables
What's the best way to visit your bank's Web site from a mobile device?
- follow a link in e-mail
- only follow links in text messages
- navigate directly to the bank's site
Where's the best place to find a bank app?
- in a smartphone app store
- on the bank's Web site
- through e-mail
According to the research firm Yankee Group, how many people will be using mobile banking features by 2015?
- 250 million
- 500 million
- 1 billion
According to analysts like Berg Insight and GIA, what part of the world will embrace mobile banking more than any other?
- North America
What does NFC mean?
- near field communication
- next financial contact
- neutral fiduciary contract
Which of the following is a good rule to follow when it comes to mobile banking?
- never bank by SMS messages
- don't use the mobile version of your bank's Web site
- avoid using public WiFi