Motion control video gaming took over the world thanks to the genius of Nintendo. How much do you know about the revolutionary Nintendo Wii console?
What year was the Wii introduced?
Which company manufactures the Wii?
In the U.S., what was the original manufacturer's suggested selling price for the Wii?
What does the Wii sensor bar do?
- It senses motion.
- It senses infrared signals.
- It emits infrared light.
What is the best-selling title on the Wii?
- "Wii Sports"
- "Mario Kart Wii"
- "Wii Sports Resort"
"Wii Sports" is the best-selling game of all-time.
How many copies of "Mario Kart Wii" have been sold?
- 63 million
- 57 million
- 36 million
What kind of radio technology is included in the Wiimote?
The Wii was the successor to which console?
- Nintendo 64
- Wii U
What was the Wii's code name during development?
- The Coming of the King
The accelerometer in the Wiimote can measure acceleration and what else?
Why did Sony turn down the idea of the Wiimote?
- They thought it was too complicated.
- They wanted something that could be manufactured for 50 cents.
- They didn't think game developers would produce titles suitable for the technology.
Which other company turned down the Wiimote motion technology before Nintendo pounced on it?
What was the name of the inventor who came up with the Wiimote's motion control design?
- Rob Crossley
- Atsushi Asada
- Tom Quinn
What's the capacity of the memory chip that's built into the Wiimote?
Which company sued Nintendo over the Wii's motion control technology?
Worldwide, about how many Wii consoles have been sold?
- More than 100 million
- More than 50 million
- More than 210 million
How many Wii consoles did Nintendo sell in its 2009 fiscal year?
- More than 15 million
- More than 20 million
- More than 30 million
You must be within how many feet for the Wiimote to work with the sensor bar?
Compared to the GameCube, about how powerful is the Wii?
- Twice as powerful
- Three times as powerful
- Five times as powerful
What was the reported failure rate for Wii consoles after two years of ownership?
- about 3 percent
- about 8 percent
- about 13 percent
How much RAM is built into the Wii?
During the design phase, the Nintendo team was instructed to make the Wii no thicker than what?
- A copy of Stephen King's "It"
- Two DVD cases
- A banana
Wii is the best-selling console of all-time.
What's one reason the Wii's hardware was rather slow considering it was a next-generation console?
- The fact that it had to be the size of two DVD cases.
- A capacitor shortage in Taiwan restricted the design phase.
- Nintendo wanted to err on the side of reliability instead of power.
Which Wiimote feature was considered but ultimately nixed by Nintendo executives?
- removing the hand strap completely
- multiple colors of each remote
What are the two "ii"s in the Wii name supposed to symbolize?
- They don't symbolize anything.
- The infrared motion sensing system.
- Two players standing next to each other.
Why did Nintendo offer to replace the Wiimote's hand strap for free?
- Some of the straps were breaking.
- They caused an allergic reaction in a few people.
- They caused too much chafing.
How much power does the Wii consume when it is turned on?
- 18 watts
- 80 watts
- 180 watts
What capability does the Wii Family Edition lack?
- It can't update via WiFi.
- The Wiimotes do not have Bluetooth.
- GameCube compatibility.