Crime, Sometimes With Punishment: The Notorious Crime Quiz
Some criminals are just begging to be caught, while others would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids. How much do you know about the most famous crimes of recent history?
For what offense was African-American teen Emmett Till murdered in 1955 Mississippi?
- using the wrong water fountain
- stealing a bottle of soda
- whistling at a white woman
How many ransom notes were sent by the Lindbergh baby's kidnapper?
How was Elizabeth Short, immortalized as "Black Dahlia," killed?
- Her body was chopped up into pieces.
- She was cut in half at the waist.
- She was decapitated.
Which famous mobster was so notorious for pressuring jurors that the judge ordered his final trial to be completely anonymous, with participants ID'd only by number?
- John Gotti
- Al Capone
- Roger Touhy
Who was one of the original suspects in the 1911 theft of the "Mona Lisa"?
- Henri Matisse
- Ernest Hemingway
- Pablo Picasso
What word was written in blood on the front door of pregnant actress Sharon Tate after she was killed?
What was one of the major distinguishing characteristics of the JonBenet Ramsey murder case?
- She was a regular beauty pageant participant.
- No physical evidence was found.
- The ransom note was out of the ordinary.
Which notorious serial killer married a woman and fathered a child while serving time on death row?
- Lyle Menendez
- Ted Bundy
- David "Son of Sam" Berkowitz
During what highly publicized criminal event did Domino's Pizza rake in the big bucks?
- the Jodi Arias verdict
- manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombers
- O.J. Simpson's car chase
Which serial killer requested the death penalty in 1973 but was denied?
- Edmund Kemper (The Coed Killer)
- Dennis Rader (The BTK Killer)
- Jeffrey Dahmer