The Ultimate Nursery Decorating Ideas Quiz
Decorating a baby nursery can be a delightful endeavor. Take the quiz and find out how to make the baby nursery a pleasure to behold.
In addition to a crib and a comfy chair, what other piece of furniture should you put in the nursery?
- a twin bed
- a TV set
- a waterbed
What safety feature does a conventional changing table have?
- a low rail around the changing pad
- a security strap to keep the child in place
- an alarm that buzzes when the baby gets too close to the edge
Ideally, why should the changing table have lower shelving that is open?
- so you can see what you need
- so you can access what you need with one hand
- so you can fill it easily when supplies run low
At what age do babies start to detect details and distinguish shades of color?
- 6 months
- 8 months
- 10 months
Which of the following characters would NOT be suitable to use as decoration in a young child's bedroom?
- a fairy princess
- a little lamb
- a fire-breathing dragon
In decorating terminology, what is a focal point?
- a seating area where people get together and talk
- an attractive feature in a room that stands out and catches your attention
- an eyesore that detracts from the décor
What are two of the most popular thematic elements for little boys' bedrooms?
- clowns and magicians
- soldiers and sports figures
- vehicles and animals
Which is the most popular color for children's rooms?
- green, the color of things that grow
- yellow, the bright color of the sun
- blue, the color of the sea and the sky
In a room that faces south or west, what type of color is most effective?
What is an ottoman?
- a stuffed footrest
- a Turkish mobile
- a mechanic who specializes in fixing children's electrical toys
Cranberry, barn, ruby and coral are all shades of which color?
What is one of the main advantages of using white wicker furniture in a baby girl's nursery?
- It's not expensive.
- It's lightweight, so you can move it around easily.
- It's still appropriate to use when the child gets older.
When decorating a nursery, where should you get the furnishings from?
- Buy a full, ready-made set from an accredited furniture store.
- Use selected pieces you find in your home and other places.
- Borrow baby furniture from family and friends.
What kinds of stories provide a good source of ideas for decorating a nursery?
- classic children's stories
- scary ghost stories
- current events/ news stories
Which one of the following characters is NOT part of the Alice in Wonderland story?
- The Mad Hatter
- The Cheshire Cat
- Bugs Bunny
If you don't use characters as a theme, what else can you use to decorate a child's room?
- colorful paint and different patterns
- funhouse mirrors and piles of comic books
- bite-size cookies and mini-marshmallows
Why should a baby's room appeal to adults as well?
- If you want to sell your house or rent out your apartment, it will be attractive to potential customers.
- It's a good place to entertain friends when the baby is fast asleep.
- You will be spending a lot of there as well.
In the nursery, what is the most important aspect of the footstool that goes with the easy chair?
- that it is a comfortable height for you
- that it matches the chair
- that it won't get in the way of baby's first steps
Can you use a sturdy chest, dresser, or desk as a changing table for the baby?
Can a baby share his or her room with a sibling?
- not a chance